|Program Learning Outcomes|
- Explains the midwives´ roles and responsibilities within framework of professional laws and regulations.
- Explains the basic concepts of women and their reproductive health,national and international health indicators.
- Explains the anatomy and physiology of male and female reproductive organs.
- Understands the importance of maternal health care.
- Cares to protect, maintain and develop physical, psychological and social health of the mother, the newborn and family starting from intrauterine period.
- Does genetic counseling for the pregnant and the couple in preconceptionale, prenatal, and innatal period.
- Fulfills the pregnant´s and her family´s care requirement in labour.
- Fulfills the normal puerpera´s, newborn´s and family´s care requirement during postpartum period.
- Aims to improve basic health indicators, cares to protect and promote the health of mother and infant.
- Plans, implements and gives training about necessary care and attempt for women who have gynecological problems.
- Cares for woman in all life stages.
Ability to work independently and take responsibility
- Uses the management activities for planning, organization, implementation and evaluation of midwifery services, aware of the roles and responsibilities of the profession.
- Implements optimal health practices to her own life.
- Uses computer and information technology.
Communication and Social Competence
- Knows foreign language enough to communicate.
- Uses effective communication skills with healthy/sick person and health team member.
- In addition to developing professionally, constantly improves herself by identifying her own learning needs in accordance with her interests and capabilities in scientific, social, cultural and artistic fields.
- Evaluates the woman, pregnant, mother and newborn in pre-pregnancy, pregnancy, childbirth and postpartum period with ethical values, holistic and humanistic approach in accordance with primary health care services.