|Course Title||Code||Semester||L+P Hour||Credits||ECTS|
|Cold Storage Technology of Seafood *||SUF 418||8||1||2||3|
|Prerequisites and co-requisites||Yok|
|Recommended Optional Programme Components||None|
|Language of Instruction||Turkish|
|Course Level||First Cycle Programmes (Bachelor's Degree)|
|Course Coordinator||Prof. Dr. Gülsün ÖZYURT|
To teach the cold storage techniques used in raw or processed products, system selection, principles applied for the determination and preservation of seafood quality
In this course contains cold storage techniques, cold storage rooms, planning for a freezing system, freezing time-the need to know, system selection, physical and chemical changes during freezing and thawing of seafood.
|Course's Contribution To Program|
|No||Program Learning Outcomes||Contribution|
Having knowledge on natural and applied sciences and basic engineering; combination of their theoretical and practical knowledge on fisheries engineering applications.
2. Assessment of data scientifically on fisheries engineering, determining and solving the problems
3. Uses theoretical and practical knowledge in the field of fisheries to design; investigates and interprets events and phenomena usig scientific methods and techniques.
4. Collecting data in fisheries science, making the basic experimental studies, evaluating the results, identifying the problems and developing methods of solution
5. Having plan any study related to fisheries science as an individually, managing and consulting.
6.Learning the knowledge by the determining learning needs; developing positive attitude towards lifelong learning
7. Communicating oral and written in expertise field, monitoring the seminars and meeting in expertise field, following the foreign language publication.
8. Improving life-long learning attitude and using the information to the public interest.
9. Creating public awareness about fisheries and having the ability to ensure sustainable use of aquatic resources.
10. Communicating oral and written effectively, participating the seminars and meetings in expertise field, following the foreign language publications.
11. Using the informatics and communicating technology
12. Improves constantly itself , as well as professional development scientific, social, cultural and artistic fields according to his/her interests and abilities identifying needs of learning.
13. Gaining competence to determine the current status of aquatic resources and its sustainable use, water pollution and control, and biotechnology areas.
14. Having ability to promote the study about aquaculture techniques by saving the natural environment, fishery diseases, fishing and processing technology, structure of fishery sector, problems and solution of their expertise field
15. Ability to act in accordance with the regulation, social, scientific, cultural, and ethical values on fisheries field
|1||The effects of different temperatures in food preservation on the microorganism||Reading the lecture notes and related resources|
|2||Cold storage techniques in seafood||Reading the lecture notes and related resources|
|3||Types of ices, homework||Reading the lecture notes and related resources|
|4||Superchilling||Reading the lecture notes and related resources|
|5||Cold storage rooms, disinfectants in cold storage rooms and aquaculture enterprises||Reading the lecture notes and related resources|
|6||Fozen storage||Reading the lecture notes and related resources|
|7||Freezing time, influencing factors and calculations||Reading the lecture notes and related resources|
|8||Midterm exam||Study for exam|
|9||Measuring freezing time, homework||Reading the lecture notes and related resources|
|10||Changes of frozen seafood||Reading the lecture notes and related resources|
|11||Cryogenic refrigeration systems||Reading the lecture notes and related resources|
|12||Mechanical refrigeration systems||Reading the lecture notes and related resources|
|13||System selection and planning||Reading the lecture notes and related resources|
|14||Thawing of seafood||Reading the lecture notes and related resources|
|15||"The effects of storage at different temperatures on the quality of seafood products" student presentations||Reading the lecture notes and related resources|
|16-17||Final examination||Study for exam|
|Recommended or Required Reading|