|Course Title||Code||Semester||L+P Hour||Credits||ECTS|
|Lake and Wetland Management *||SUF 218||4||2||2||3|
|Prerequisites and co-requisites||Yok|
|Recommended Optional Programme Components||None|
|Language of Instruction||Turkish|
|Course Level||First Cycle Programmes (Bachelor's Degree)|
|Course Coordinator||Prof.Dr. Fatma ÇEVİK|
The aim of the course is to determine the problems of lake and wetland ecosystems, to develope solutions, to collect data, to create management plans, to determine the stakeholders, to take scientific decisions on the monitoring and management.
General knowledge about lake and wetland ecosystems, internal and external factors effecting lake and wetland ecosytems, budget of water, nitrogene and phosphorus, determination of trophic state, problems and their solutions of lake and wetland, biyomanipulation, principles of lake and wetland management, determination of stakeholders and tasks for management, management strategies, sampling studies, determination of parameters for analyses and sampling frequency, socio-economic aspects of management, monitoring programs, management studies in Turkey and some countries.
|Course's Contribution To Program|
|No||Program Learning Outcomes||Contribution|
Having knowledge on natural and applied sciences and basic engineering; combination of their theoretical and practical knowledge on fisheries engineering applications.
2. Assessment of data scientifically on fisheries engineering, determining and solving the problems
3. Uses theoretical and practical knowledge in the field of fisheries to design; investigates and interprets events and phenomena usig scientific methods and techniques.
4. Collecting data in fisheries science, making the basic experimental studies, evaluating the results, identifying the problems and developing methods of solution
5. Having plan any study related to fisheries science as an individually, managing and consulting.
6.Learning the knowledge by the determining learning needs; developing positive attitude towards lifelong learning
7. Communicating oral and written in expertise field, monitoring the seminars and meeting in expertise field, following the foreign language publication.
8. Improving life-long learning attitude and using the information to the public interest.
9. Creating public awareness about fisheries and having the ability to ensure sustainable use of aquatic resources.
10. Communicating oral and written effectively, participating the seminars and meetings in expertise field, following the foreign language publications.
11. Using the informatics and communicating technology
12. Improves constantly itself , as well as professional development scientific, social, cultural and artistic fields according to his/her interests and abilities identifying needs of learning.
13. Gaining competence to determine the current status of aquatic resources and its sustainable use, water pollution and control, and biotechnology areas.
14. Having ability to promote the study about aquaculture techniques by saving the natural environment, fishery diseases, fishing and processing technology, structure of fishery sector, problems and solution of their expertise field
15. Ability to act in accordance with the regulation, social, scientific, cultural, and ethical values on fisheries field
|1||General information about the lake and wetland ecosystems, our important lakes and wetlands.||Reading the lecture notes and related resources|
|2||Internal and external factors that controllable and uncontrollable affect the ecosystem of the lake and wetland.||Reading the lecture notes and related resources|
|3||Use of lakes and wetlands, its water budget, nitrogen and phosphorus budget, and determination of the trophic state.||Reading the lecture notes and related resources|
|4||Problems of lakes and wetlands, and solution.||Homework preparation, reading the lecture notes and related resources|
|5||Problems of lakes and wetlands, and solution.||Homework preparation, reading the lecture notes and related resources|
|6||Principles of management||Homework preparation, reading the lecture notes and related resources|
|7||Identified to stakeholders that they take place the management and their tasks.||Homework preparation, reading the lecture notes and related resources|
|8||MIDTERM EXAM||Studying for midterm exam|
|9||Management strategies||Homework preparation, reading the lecture notes and related resources|
|10||Sampling studies, determination of parameters and the frequency of sampling||Homework preparation, reading the lecture notes and related resources|
|11||Biomanipulation and restoration||Homework preparation, reading the lecture notes and related resources|
|12||Socioeconomic effect of management, monitoring programs||Homework preparation, reading the lecture notes and related resources|
|13||The conservation status||Homework preparation, reading the related Gazette|
|14||Example of management studies in Turkey and some countries||Homework preparation, reading the lecture notes and related resources|
|15||Example of management studies in Turkey and some countries||Relevant section in books and other sources|
|16-17||Final exam||Study for the final exam|
|Recommended or Required Reading|