|Course Title||Code||Semester||L+P Hour||Credits||ECTS|
|Minced Fishery Products Technology *||SUF 315||5||1||2||3|
|Prerequisites and co-requisites||Yok|
|Recommended Optional Programme Components||None|
|Language of Instruction||Turkish|
|Course Level||First Cycle Programmes (Bachelor's Degree)|
|Course Coordinator||Prof.Dr. Gülsün ÖZYURT|
Teaches Changes in processing techniques and quality products made with minced seafood
Changes in processing techniques and quality products made with minced seafood
|Course's Contribution To Program|
|No||Program Learning Outcomes||Contribution|
Having knowledge on natural and applied sciences and basic engineering; combination of their theoretical and practical knowledge on fisheries engineering applications.
2. Assessment of data scientifically on fisheries engineering, determining and solving the problems
3. Uses theoretical and practical knowledge in the field of fisheries to design; investigates and interprets events and phenomena usig scientific methods and techniques.
4. Collecting data in fisheries science, making the basic experimental studies, evaluating the results, identifying the problems and developing methods of solution
5. Having plan any study related to fisheries science as an individually, managing and consulting.
6.Learning the knowledge by the determining learning needs; developing positive attitude towards lifelong learning
7. Communicating oral and written in expertise field, monitoring the seminars and meeting in expertise field, following the foreign language publication.
8. Improving life-long learning attitude and using the information to the public interest.
9. Creating public awareness about fisheries and having the ability to ensure sustainable use of aquatic resources.
10. Communicating oral and written effectively, participating the seminars and meetings in expertise field, following the foreign language publications.
11. Using the informatics and communicating technology
12. Improves constantly itself , as well as professional development scientific, social, cultural and artistic fields according to his/her interests and abilities identifying needs of learning.
13. Gaining competence to determine the current status of aquatic resources and its sustainable use, water pollution and control, and biotechnology areas.
14. Having ability to promote the study about aquaculture techniques by saving the natural environment, fishery diseases, fishing and processing technology, structure of fishery sector, problems and solution of their expertise field
15. Ability to act in accordance with the regulation, social, scientific, cultural, and ethical values on fisheries field
|1||Introduction of Seafood processing technology.||Lectures and brainstorming|
|2||Explain to Machinery and equipment necessary for minced seafood||Assignments, oral presentations and laboratory applications|
|3||Processing of Fish burger and technology||Assignments, oral presentations and laboratory applications|
|4||Quality changes of Fish burger during storage||Assignments, oral presentations and laboratory applications|
|5||Processing of Fish kroket and technology||Assignments, oral presentations and laboratory applications|
|6||Quality changes of Fish kroket during storage||Assignments, oral presentations and laboratory applications|
|7||Intoduction of surimi technology||Assignments, oral presentations and laboratory applications|
|8||Midterm exam||Study for exam|
|9||Quality changes of surimi during storage||Assignments, oral presentations and laboratory applications|
|10||Quality changes of surimi during storage||Assignments, oral presentations and laboratory applications|
|11||Fish sausage and salami technology||Assignments, oral presentations|
|12||Quality changes of fish sausage and salami during storage||Assignments, oral presentations|
|13||Legal regulatory of minced seafood||Assignments, oral presentations|
|14||Continuation of legal regulatory of minced seafood||Assignments, oral presentations|
|15||Assesment of homework||Assignments, oral presentations|
|16-17||Final examination||Writing exam|
|Recommended or Required Reading|