|Course Title||Code||Semester||L+P Hour||Credits||ECTS|
|Fish Population Dynamics *||SUF 405||7||1||2||4|
|Prerequisites and co-requisites||Yok|
|Recommended Optional Programme Components||None|
|Language of Instruction||Turkish|
|Course Level||First Cycle Programmes (Bachelor's Degree)|
|Course Coordinator||Prof.Dr. Dursun AVŞAR|
The aim of this course is to be informed about the consept of the fisheries biology, characteristics of the marine and freshwater environments, fisheries in marine environment and inland waters, methods on the fish stock assessment studies, Mortality and its estimation methods, catch statistics, the age in the population, the growth on the length and weight, and their calculations, reproductive biology and the collection of related data.
Fish Populations, Fishery Areas and Fish Production throughout World and Mediterranean, Unite Scock, Steady State, Fluctuations, Monitoring of Fish Stocks, Increment of Fish Stocks, Age Estimations, Growth in Fishes, Decrement of Fish Stocks, Mortality Rates, Gear Selection, Stock Size Estimations
|Course's Contribution To Program|
|No||Program Learning Outcomes||Contribution|
Having knowledge on natural and applied sciences and basic engineering; combination of their theoretical and practical knowledge on fisheries engineering applications.
2. Assessment of data scientifically on fisheries engineering, determining and solving the problems
3. Uses theoretical and practical knowledge in the field of fisheries to design; investigates and interprets events and phenomena usig scientific methods and techniques.
4. Collecting data in fisheries science, making the basic experimental studies, evaluating the results, identifying the problems and developing methods of solution
5. Having plan any study related to fisheries science as an individually, managing and consulting.
6.Learning the knowledge by the determining learning needs; developing positive attitude towards lifelong learning
7. Communicating oral and written in expertise field, monitoring the seminars and meeting in expertise field, following the foreign language publication.
8. Improving life-long learning attitude and using the information to the public interest.
9. Creating public awareness about fisheries and having the ability to ensure sustainable use of aquatic resources.
10. Communicating oral and written effectively, participating the seminars and meetings in expertise field, following the foreign language publications.
11. Using the informatics and communicating technology
12. Improves constantly itself , as well as professional development scientific, social, cultural and artistic fields according to his/her interests and abilities identifying needs of learning.
13. Gaining competence to determine the current status of aquatic resources and its sustainable use, water pollution and control, and biotechnology areas.
14. Having ability to promote the study about aquaculture techniques by saving the natural environment, fishery diseases, fishing and processing technology, structure of fishery sector, problems and solution of their expertise field
15. Ability to act in accordance with the regulation, social, scientific, cultural, and ethical values on fisheries field
|1||Fish Populations and Fisheries Areas Throughout World||Balıkçılık Biyolojisi ve Populasyon Dinamiği, pages 1-15 will have been read|
|2||Annual Fisheries Production of World and Fisheries Areas in Mediterranean||Balıkçılık Biyolojisi ve Populasyon Dinamiği, pages 18-42 will have been read|
|3||Unite Stock, Peculiarities and Steady State||Balıkçılık Biyolojisi ve Populasyon Dinamiği, pages 45-55 will have been read|
|4||Abiotic Factors Effecting the Steady State of Fish Stocks||Balıkçılık Biyolojisi ve Populasyon Dinamiği, pages 55-84 will have been read|
|5||Biotic Factors Affecting Steady State in Stocks and Fluctuations||Balıkçılık Biyolojisi ve Populasyon Dinamiği, pages 85-97 will have been read|
|6||Monitoring of Fish Stock, Reproduction and Increment of Fish Stocks||Balıkçılık Biyolojisi ve Populasyon Dinamiği, pages 99-121 will have been read|
|7||Recruitement||Balıkçılık Biyolojisi ve Populasyon Dinamiği, pages 122-135 will have been read|
|8||Visa Exam||Study for Visa Exam|
|9||Growth in Fish Stocks||Balıkçılık Biyolojisi ve Populasyon Dinamiği, pages 136-157 will have been read|
|10||Indirect Methods in Ageing||Balıkçılık Biyolojisi ve Populasyon Dinamiği, pages 158-175 will have been read|
|11||Growth Constants in Fishes||Balıkçılık Biyolojisi ve Populasyon Dinamiği, pages 176-196 will have been read|
|12||Decrement in Fish Stocks||Balıkçılık Biyolojisi ve Populasyon Dinamiği, pages 197-224 will have been read|
|13||Components of Total Mortality||Balıkçılık Biyolojisi ve Populasyon Dinamiği, pages 225-238 will have been read|
|14||Gear Selection||Balıkçılık Biyolojisi ve Populasyon Dinamiği, pages 239-257 will have been read|
|15||Stock Size Estimations||Balıkçılık Biyolojisi ve Populasyon Dinamiği, pages 258-282 will have been read|
|Recommended or Required Reading|
Ders Notu ve KitaplarDiger Kaynaklar