|Course Title||Code||Semester||L+P Hour||Credits||ECTS|
|Economical Marine Fishes And Fisheries *||SUF 409||7||2||2||3|
|Prerequisites and co-requisites||Yok|
|Recommended Optional Programme Components||None|
|Language of Instruction||Turkish|
|Course Level||First Cycle Programmes (Bachelor's Degree)|
|Course Coordinator||Prof.Dr. Dursun AVŞAR|
The aim of this course is to be informed about the general characteristics of Turkey´s fishing yields, the distribution of fishing yields by provinces and species, among them which has economically important fishes e.g. anchovy, horse mackerel, pilchard, chup mackerel, mackerel, whiting, grey mullet, bonito, blue fish, turbot, sole, and mullet´s fishing biology, distribution areas, migration, yield potential, annual yield and their consumption types.
Introduction, Fishery Production of Turkey, Important Species of Turkish Fisheries, State of Fishery, Fishery Resources, Fishery Management
|Course's Contribution To Program|
|No||Program Learning Outcomes||Contribution|
Having knowledge on natural and applied sciences and basic engineering; combination of their theoretical and practical knowledge on fisheries engineering applications.
2. Assessment of data scientifically on fisheries engineering, determining and solving the problems
3. Uses theoretical and practical knowledge in the field of fisheries to design; investigates and interprets events and phenomena usig scientific methods and techniques.
4. Collecting data in fisheries science, making the basic experimental studies, evaluating the results, identifying the problems and developing methods of solution
5. Having plan any study related to fisheries science as an individually, managing and consulting.
6.Learning the knowledge by the determining learning needs; developing positive attitude towards lifelong learning
7. Communicating oral and written in expertise field, monitoring the seminars and meeting in expertise field, following the foreign language publication.
8. Improving life-long learning attitude and using the information to the public interest.
9. Creating public awareness about fisheries and having the ability to ensure sustainable use of aquatic resources.
10. Communicating oral and written effectively, participating the seminars and meetings in expertise field, following the foreign language publications.
11. Using the informatics and communicating technology
12. Improves constantly itself , as well as professional development scientific, social, cultural and artistic fields according to his/her interests and abilities identifying needs of learning.
13. Gaining competence to determine the current status of aquatic resources and its sustainable use, water pollution and control, and biotechnology areas.
14. Having ability to promote the study about aquaculture techniques by saving the natural environment, fishery diseases, fishing and processing technology, structure of fishery sector, problems and solution of their expertise field
15. Ability to act in accordance with the regulation, social, scientific, cultural, and ethical values on fisheries field
|1||Introduction, Information and Foundings on Fishery||Lecture notes, pages 1-4 will have been read|
|2||Fishery Production and its Spatial Distribution in Turkey||Lecture notes, pages 5-9 will have been read|
|3||Species Composition of Fishery Production||Lecture notes, pages 9-13 will have been read|
|4||Anchovy (Engraulis encrasicolus)||Lecture notes, pages 13-20 will have been read|
|5||Atlantic Horse Mackarel (Trachurus trachurus), Mediterranean Horse Mackarel (Trachurus mediterraneus) and Sardine (Sardina pilchardus)||Lecture notes, pages 20-30 will have been read|
|6||Atlantic Mackarel (Scomber scombrus) and Atlantic Chub Mackarel (Scomber colias)||Lecture notes, pages 30-37 will have been read|
|7||Whiting (Merlangius merlangus euxinus) and Mullets (Mugil and Liza spp.)||Lecture notes, pages 37-46 will have been read|
|8||Visa Exam||Study for Visa Exam|
|9||Atlantic Bonito (Sarda sarda), Bluefish (Pomatomus saltatrix)||Lecture notes, pages 46-52 will have been read|
|10||Turbot (Scopthalmus maximus) and Sole (Solea solea)||Lecture notes, pages 52-58 will have been read|
|11||Red Mullet (Mullus barbatus) and Surmullet (Mullus surmuletus)||Lecture notes, pages 58-64 will have been read|
|12||Turkish Fishery Potential and Fishery Applications||Lecture notes, pages 64-71 will have been read|
|13||State of Fishery||Lecture notes, pages 71-74 will have been read|
|14||Fishery Resources||Lecture notes, pages 78-83 will have been read|
|15||Fishery Management||Lecture notes, pages 78-83 will have been read|
|Recommended or Required Reading|
Ders Notu ve Kitaplar