|Course Title||Code||Semester||L+P Hour||Credits||ECTS|
|Fish Bioexperiments||SUF 411||7||2||2||3|
|Prerequisites and co-requisites||Yok|
|Recommended Optional Programme Components||None|
|Language of Instruction||Turkish|
|Course Level||First Cycle Programmes (Bachelor's Degree)|
|Course Coordinator||Prof.Dr. Münir Ziya Lugal GÖKSU|
Study and gain skills in laboratory conditions on the effect of pollutants on fish.
The general knowledge about bioassays and terminology; types of tests, their uses, advantages and disadvantages; definition of fish bioassays; selecting methods and general procedures; selecting and preparing fish; conducting tests; calculating, analyzing and reporting results of bioassays.
|1) Defines the fish bioassay|
|2) Specifies the test equipment|
|3) The test sets, monitors|
|4) Evaluates the results, skill wins|
|Course's Contribution To Program|
|No||Program Learning Outcomes||Contribution|
Having knowledge on natural and applied sciences and basic engineering; combination of their theoretical and practical knowledge on fisheries engineering applications.
2. Assessment of data scientifically on fisheries engineering, determining and solving the problems
3. Uses theoretical and practical knowledge in the field of fisheries to design; investigates and interprets events and phenomena usig scientific methods and techniques.
4. Collecting data in fisheries science, making the basic experimental studies, evaluating the results, identifying the problems and developing methods of solution
5. Having plan any study related to fisheries science as an individually, managing and consulting.
6.Learning the knowledge by the determining learning needs; developing positive attitude towards lifelong learning
7. Communicating oral and written in expertise field, monitoring the seminars and meeting in expertise field, following the foreign language publication.
8. Improving life-long learning attitude and using the information to the public interest.
9. Creating public awareness about fisheries and having the ability to ensure sustainable use of aquatic resources.
10. Communicating oral and written effectively, participating the seminars and meetings in expertise field, following the foreign language publications.
11. Using the informatics and communicating technology
12. Improves constantly itself , as well as professional development scientific, social, cultural and artistic fields according to his/her interests and abilities identifying needs of learning.
13. Gaining competence to determine the current status of aquatic resources and its sustainable use, water pollution and control, and biotechnology areas.
14. Having ability to promote the study about aquaculture techniques by saving the natural environment, fishery diseases, fishing and processing technology, structure of fishery sector, problems and solution of their expertise field
15. Ability to act in accordance with the regulation, social, scientific, cultural, and ethical values on fisheries field
|1||Check-in applications, history||Course notes will be read the relevant chapter||Lecture|
|2||Bioassay (definition, purpose) and classification (according to the time response and the organism)||Course notes will be read the relevant chapter||Lecture|
|3||Classification according to the purpose of the experiment and method of administration, and the poison||Course notes will be read the relevant chapter||Lecture|
|4||The test organisms (microorganisms, algae and invertebrates)||Course notes will be read the relevant chapter||Lecture|
|5||Fish bioassay, definition, parameters, material and methods, the selection of fish||Course notes will be read the relevant chapter||Lecture|
|6||Fishes properties, preparation, feeding, stocking selection and concentration||Course notes will be read the relevant chapter||Lecture|
|7||Preparation of the experimental water-stock solution, the media type (temperature, oxygen, pH)||Course notes will be read the relevant chapter||Lecture|
|8||MID-TERM EXAM||Study for midterm exam|
|9||Pre-trials, controlled trials and experiments on||Course notes will be read the relevant chapter||Lecture|
|10||The establishment and monitoring of experiments||Course notes will be read the relevant chapter||Lecture|
|11||The establishment and monitoring of experiments||Course notes will be read the relevant chapter||Lecture|
|12||The establishment and monitoring of experiments||Course notes will be read the relevant chapter||Lecture|
|13||The establishment and monitoring of experiments||Course notes will be read the relevant chapter||Lecture|
|14||The establishment and monitoring of experiments||Course notes will be read the relevant chapter||Lecture|
|15||Evaluation of the results, calculations, and probit analysis method||Course notes will be read the relevant chapter||Lecture|
|16-17||Final Exam.||Study for final exam|
|Recommended or Required Reading|