|Course Title||Code||Semester||L+P Hour||Credits||ECTS|
|Algal Products *||SUF 414||8||2||2||3|
|Prerequisites and co-requisites||Yok|
|Recommended Optional Programme Components||None|
|Language of Instruction||Turkish|
|Course Level||First Cycle Programmes (Bachelor's Degree)|
|Course Coordinator||Prof. Dr. Oya IŞIK|
Metabolites supplied from algae, descriptions, biochemical characteristics, the economic evaluation.
Properties of algal metabolism, the effects of environmental factors on cell composition, algae groups and their commercial metabolites, bioactive chemicals of microalgae; Pigments, Algal lipids, Microalgal antioxidants,Protein sources of microalgae,Algal polisaccharides,mineral contents of algae, using the sources,Hydrocarbones,Sitotoxic antitumor metabolites,Polyhydroxialkanates.
|Course's Contribution To Program|
|No||Program Learning Outcomes||Contribution|
Having knowledge on natural and applied sciences and basic engineering; combination of their theoretical and practical knowledge on fisheries engineering applications.
2. Assessment of data scientifically on fisheries engineering, determining and solving the problems
3. Uses theoretical and practical knowledge in the field of fisheries to design; investigates and interprets events and phenomena usig scientific methods and techniques.
4. Collecting data in fisheries science, making the basic experimental studies, evaluating the results, identifying the problems and developing methods of solution
5. Having plan any study related to fisheries science as an individually, managing and consulting.
6.Learning the knowledge by the determining learning needs; developing positive attitude towards lifelong learning
7. Communicating oral and written in expertise field, monitoring the seminars and meeting in expertise field, following the foreign language publication.
8. Improving life-long learning attitude and using the information to the public interest.
9. Creating public awareness about fisheries and having the ability to ensure sustainable use of aquatic resources.
10. Communicating oral and written effectively, participating the seminars and meetings in expertise field, following the foreign language publications.
11. Using the informatics and communicating technology
12. Improves constantly itself , as well as professional development scientific, social, cultural and artistic fields according to his/her interests and abilities identifying needs of learning.
13. Gaining competence to determine the current status of aquatic resources and its sustainable use, water pollution and control, and biotechnology areas.
14. Having ability to promote the study about aquaculture techniques by saving the natural environment, fishery diseases, fishing and processing technology, structure of fishery sector, problems and solution of their expertise field
15. Ability to act in accordance with the regulation, social, scientific, cultural, and ethical values on fisheries field
|1||Algal metabolism characteristics, biological properties of micro-and macroalgae.||Introduction to the course, supplying the lecture notes.|
|2||The effects of environmental factors on the cell composition, light, temperature and nutrient composition effects on algal metabolism.||Income read lecture notes.|
|3||Microalgae bioactive chemicals, pigments and usage.||Income read lecture notes.|
|4||Algal lipids, fatty acids, and usage.||Income read lecture notes.|
|5||Algae are a source of protein. Amino acid composition of algae.||Income read lecture notes and do homework.|
|6||Macro and microalgal polysaccharides and their economic value.||Income read lecture notes.|
|7||Macro and microalgal polysaccharides and their economic value.||Income read lecture notes.|
|8||Midterm exam||Study for the Exam|
|9||Chemistry of hydrocolloids and polysaccharides derived from macroalgae.||Income read lecture notes.|
|10||Edible macroalgae species||Income read lecture notes.|
|11||Macroalgae as animal feed and organic fertilizer for soil conditioner.||Income read lecture notes and do homework.|
|12||The commercial value of macroalge, the chemical structure of macroalgal agar, alginate and carrageenan.||Income read lecture notes.|
|13||Agar, alginate and other phycocolloides usage.||Income read lecture notes.|
|14||Macroalgae fermentation products, the production of bioethanol.||Income read lecture notes and do homework.|
|15||Macroalgae industry in the world||Income read lecture notes.|
|16-17||Final exam||Study for the Exam|
|Recommended or Required Reading|