|Course Title||Code||Semester||L+P Hour||Credits||ECTS|
|Mechanics for Engineers *||TMD 101||1||2||2||3|
|Prerequisites and co-requisites|
|Recommended Optional Programme Components||None|
|Language of Instruction||Turkish|
|Course Level||First Cycle Programmes (Bachelor's Degree)|
|Course Coordinator||Prof. Dr. Kubilay Kazım VURSAVUŞ|
Introduction to basic definitions and concepts in Engineerin Mechanic and solving related problems
Basic concepts, scalars and vectors, Newton Laws, force, moment, couple resultant force, center of mass, moment of inertia, forces acting on beams, shearing force and bending moment and their diagrams, frame beams, method of joint and section.
|Course's Contribution To Program|
|No||Program Learning Outcomes||Contribution|
Having knowledge on natural and applied sciences and basic engineering; combination of their theoretical and practical knowledge on fisheries engineering applications.
2. Assessment of data scientifically on fisheries engineering, determining and solving the problems
3. Uses theoretical and practical knowledge in the field of fisheries to design; investigates and interprets events and phenomena usig scientific methods and techniques.
4. Collecting data in fisheries science, making the basic experimental studies, evaluating the results, identifying the problems and developing methods of solution
5. Having plan any study related to fisheries science as an individually, managing and consulting.
6.Learning the knowledge by the determining learning needs; developing positive attitude towards lifelong learning
7. Communicating oral and written in expertise field, monitoring the seminars and meeting in expertise field, following the foreign language publication.
8. Improving life-long learning attitude and using the information to the public interest.
9. Creating public awareness about fisheries and having the ability to ensure sustainable use of aquatic resources.
10. Communicating oral and written effectively, participating the seminars and meetings in expertise field, following the foreign language publications.
11. Using the informatics and communicating technology
12. Improves constantly itself , as well as professional development scientific, social, cultural and artistic fields according to his/her interests and abilities identifying needs of learning.
13. Gaining competence to determine the current status of aquatic resources and its sustainable use, water pollution and control, and biotechnology areas.
14. Having ability to promote the study about aquaculture techniques by saving the natural environment, fishery diseases, fishing and processing technology, structure of fishery sector, problems and solution of their expertise field
15. Ability to act in accordance with the regulation, social, scientific, cultural, and ethical values on fisheries field
|1||Scalars and vectors, definition of force, theoretical approaches||Use the related chapters in given refrences|
|2||Newton laws, equilibrium concept||Use the related chapters in given refrences|
|3||Moment and couple of force concepts||Use the related chapters in given refrences|
|4||Center of gravity||Use the related chapters in given refrences|
|5||Inertia moment||Use the related chapters in given refrences|
|6||Calculating of reaction forces on beams||Use the related chapters in given refrences|
|7||Mid-term exam||Use the related chapters in given refrences and power point presentations|
|8||Method of join on plant trusses||Use the related chapters in given refrences|
|9||Method of section on plant trusses||Use the related chapters in given refrences|
|10||Displacement, velocity and acceleration on rectilinear motion||Use the related chapters in given refrences|
|11||Displacement, velocity and acceleration on curvilinear motion||Use the related chapters in given refrences|
|12||Relative movement||Use the related chapters in given refrences|
|13||Work and energy||Use the related chapters in given refrences|
|14||Impuls and momentum||Use the related chapters in given refrences|
|15||Problem solvings||Use the related chapters in given refrences|
|16-17||Final Exam||Use the related chapters in given refrences and power point presentations|
|Recommended or Required Reading|
Özcan, M.T., 2009. Mühendislik Mekaniği, Ç.Ü. Ziraat Fak. Yardımcı ders notu