|Course Title||Code||Semester||L+P Hour||Credits||ECTS|
|Chemistry *||KIM 107||1||2||2||4|
|Prerequisites and co-requisites||Yok|
|Recommended Optional Programme Components||None|
|Language of Instruction||Turkish|
|Course Level||First Cycle Programmes (Bachelor's Degree)|
|Course Coordinator||Prof.Dr. Güzide YÜCEBİLGİÇ|
Explain the basic concepts and principles of chemistry and understand the events encountered in everyday and scientific life.
The properties of matter and measurement Atoms and atomic theory Chemical compounds Chemical reactions Reactions in aqueous solution Gases The electronic structure of the atom The periodic table and some atomic properties Chemical Bonding: Basic Concepts Principles of chemical equilibrium Acids and Bases Acid-Base Equilibria Organic chemistry
|Course's Contribution To Program|
|No||Program Learning Outcomes||Contribution|
Having knowledge on natural and applied sciences and basic engineering; combination of their theoretical and practical knowledge on fisheries engineering applications.
2. Assessment of data scientifically on fisheries engineering, determining and solving the problems
3. Uses theoretical and practical knowledge in the field of fisheries to design; investigates and interprets events and phenomena usig scientific methods and techniques.
4. Collecting data in fisheries science, making the basic experimental studies, evaluating the results, identifying the problems and developing methods of solution
5. Having plan any study related to fisheries science as an individually, managing and consulting.
6.Learning the knowledge by the determining learning needs; developing positive attitude towards lifelong learning
7. Communicating oral and written in expertise field, monitoring the seminars and meeting in expertise field, following the foreign language publication.
8. Improving life-long learning attitude and using the information to the public interest.
9. Creating public awareness about fisheries and having the ability to ensure sustainable use of aquatic resources.
10. Communicating oral and written effectively, participating the seminars and meetings in expertise field, following the foreign language publications.
11. Using the informatics and communicating technology
12. Improves constantly itself , as well as professional development scientific, social, cultural and artistic fields according to his/her interests and abilities identifying needs of learning.
13. Gaining competence to determine the current status of aquatic resources and its sustainable use, water pollution and control, and biotechnology areas.
14. Having ability to promote the study about aquaculture techniques by saving the natural environment, fishery diseases, fishing and processing technology, structure of fishery sector, problems and solution of their expertise field
15. Ability to act in accordance with the regulation, social, scientific, cultural, and ethical values on fisheries field
|1||The properties of matter and measurement||Study the relevant chapter in the book|
|2||Atoms and atomic theory||Study the relevant chapter in the book|
|3||Chemical compounds||Study the relevant chapter in the book|
|4||Chemical reactions||Study the relevant chapter in the book|
|5||Reactions in aqueous solution||Study the relevant chapter in the book|
|6||Gases||Study the relevant chapter in the book|
|7||The electronic structure of the atom||Study the relevant chapter in the book|
|9||The periodic table and some atomic properties||Study the relevant chapter in the book|
|10||Chemical Bonding: Basic Concepts||Study the relevant chapter in the book|
|11||Principles of chemical equilibrium||Study the relevant chapter in the book|
|12||Acids and Bases||Study the relevant chapter in the book|
|13||Acid-Base Equilibria||Study the relevant chapter in the book|
|14||Organic chemistry||Study the relevant chapter in the book|
|15||Organic chemistry||Study the relevant chapter in the book|
|Recommended or Required Reading|