|Course Title||Code||Semester||L+P Hour||Credits||ECTS|
|Mathematics I||MAT 111||1||2||2||4|
|Prerequisites and co-requisites||yok|
|Recommended Optional Programme Components||None|
|Language of Instruction||Turkish|
|Course Level||First Cycle Programmes (Bachelor's Degree)|
|Course Coordinator||Asst.Prof.Dr. Makbule BAYLAN|
Using the power of mathematical thinking to teach Logic, Set, Vector, Numbers, Functions and Limits the basis of the concepts .
Logic, set theory, numbers( integers, rational, irrational and real), exponents and radicals, linear equations , inequalities, factoring and counting methods, summation notation and related matters, logarithms, vectors, functions and graphs, limits , limits theorems .
|1) Solving problems in profession and other subjects using mathematics|
|2) Development of mathematical thinking system required in profession and other subjects|
|3) Increase the ability to use mathematics to solve interdisciplinary problems encountered in real life|
|Course's Contribution To Program|
|No||Program Learning Outcomes||Contribution|
Having knowledge on natural and applied sciences and basic engineering; combination of their theoretical and practical knowledge on fisheries engineering applications.
2. Assessment of data scientifically on fisheries engineering, determining and solving the problems
3. Uses theoretical and practical knowledge in the field of fisheries to design; investigates and interprets events and phenomena usig scientific methods and techniques.
4. Collecting data in fisheries science, making the basic experimental studies, evaluating the results, identifying the problems and developing methods of solution
5. Having plan any study related to fisheries science as an individually, managing and consulting.
6.Learning the knowledge by the determining learning needs; developing positive attitude towards lifelong learning
7. Communicating oral and written in expertise field, monitoring the seminars and meeting in expertise field, following the foreign language publication.
8. Improving life-long learning attitude and using the information to the public interest.
9. Creating public awareness about fisheries and having the ability to ensure sustainable use of aquatic resources.
10. Communicating oral and written effectively, participating the seminars and meetings in expertise field, following the foreign language publications.
11. Using the informatics and communicating technology
12. Improves constantly itself , as well as professional development scientific, social, cultural and artistic fields according to his/her interests and abilities identifying needs of learning.
13. Gaining competence to determine the current status of aquatic resources and its sustainable use, water pollution and control, and biotechnology areas.
14. Having ability to promote the study about aquaculture techniques by saving the natural environment, fishery diseases, fishing and processing technology, structure of fishery sector, problems and solution of their expertise field
15. Ability to act in accordance with the regulation, social, scientific, cultural, and ethical values on fisheries field
|1||Introduction||Reading related sources, homework||Lecture|
|2||Logic||Reading related sources, homework||Lecture|
|3||Set Teory||Reading related sources, homework||Lecture|
|4||Numbers||Reading related sources, homework||Lecture|
|5||Exponentiation||Reading related sources, homework||Lecture|
|6||Rational Numbers||Reading related sources, homework||Lecture|
|7||Examine of Equation, Inequality and signs||Reading related sources, homework||Lecture|
|8||Midterm exam||Studying midterm exam||Testing|
|9||Factorization and counting rules||Reading related sources, homework||Lecture|
|10||Sembols of sums and multiplication||Reading related sources, homework||Lecture|
|11||Vectors||Reading related sources, homework|
|12||Functions||Reading related sources, homework||Lecture|
|13||Functions types||Reading related sources, homework||Lecture|
|14||Limits||Reading related sources, homework||Lecture|
|15||Limits||Reading related sources, homework||Lecture|
|16-17||FINAL||Studying midterm exam||Testing|
|Recommended or Required Reading|
Ders Notu ve Kitaplar