|Course Title||Code||Semester||L+P Hour||Credits||ECTS|
|Aquatic Plants *||SUF 104||2||1||2||4|
|Prerequisites and co-requisites||Yok|
|Recommended Optional Programme Components||None|
|Language of Instruction||Turkish|
|Course Level||First Cycle Programmes (Bachelor's Degree)|
|Course Coordinator||Prof. Dr. Sevim POLAT|
To identify aquatic plants and understand the role and importance of aquatic plants in ecosystems. To gain basic information about effects of environmental problems on aquatic plant habitats.
In this lecture, definition of aquatic plants, aquatic plant groups, morphological, anatomical and physiological characteristics of aquatic plants are explained with examples and practices. The effects of environmental factors on the growth and distribution of aquatic plants, effects of pollution on aquatic plant habitats and economical uses of aquatic plants are taught by theoretical lectures creating practical learning environments
|Course's Contribution To Program|
|No||Program Learning Outcomes||Contribution|
Having knowledge on natural and applied sciences and basic engineering; combination of their theoretical and practical knowledge on fisheries engineering applications.
2. Assessment of data scientifically on fisheries engineering, determining and solving the problems
3. Uses theoretical and practical knowledge in the field of fisheries to design; investigates and interprets events and phenomena usig scientific methods and techniques.
4. Collecting data in fisheries science, making the basic experimental studies, evaluating the results, identifying the problems and developing methods of solution
5. Having plan any study related to fisheries science as an individually, managing and consulting.
6.Learning the knowledge by the determining learning needs; developing positive attitude towards lifelong learning
7. Communicating oral and written in expertise field, monitoring the seminars and meeting in expertise field, following the foreign language publication.
8. Improving life-long learning attitude and using the information to the public interest.
9. Creating public awareness about fisheries and having the ability to ensure sustainable use of aquatic resources.
10. Communicating oral and written effectively, participating the seminars and meetings in expertise field, following the foreign language publications.
11. Using the informatics and communicating technology
12. Improves constantly itself , as well as professional development scientific, social, cultural and artistic fields according to his/her interests and abilities identifying needs of learning.
13. Gaining competence to determine the current status of aquatic resources and its sustainable use, water pollution and control, and biotechnology areas.
14. Having ability to promote the study about aquaculture techniques by saving the natural environment, fishery diseases, fishing and processing technology, structure of fishery sector, problems and solution of their expertise field
15. Ability to act in accordance with the regulation, social, scientific, cultural, and ethical values on fisheries field
|1||Identification of aquatic plants and classification methods||reading on course subjects|
|2||Taxonomical classlfication of aquatic plants||Reading the lecture notes and related resources|
|3||Algae||Reading the lecture notes and related resources|
|4||Algae||Reading the lecture notes and related resources|
|5||Musci and mosses||Reading the lecture notes and related resources, preparation for laboratory|
|6||Ferns and higher plants||Reading the lecture notes and related resources, preparation for laboratory|
|7||Morphological properties of aquatic plants||Reading the lecture notes and related resources, preparation for laboratory|
|8||Physicological properties of aquatic plants||Study for exam|
|9||Midterm exam||Reading the lecture notes and related resources|
|10||Physicological properties of aquatic plants||Reading the lecture notes and related resources, preparation of homework|
|11||Environmental factors affecting the distribution of aquatic plants||Reading the lecture notes and related resources|
|12||Environmental factors affecting the distribution of aquatic plants||Reading the lecture notes and related resources|
|13||The effects of pollution and other environmental factors on aquatic plant habitats||Reading the lecture notes and related resources|
|14||The classification of aquatic plant according to their distribution patterns||Reading the lecture notes and related resources, browse the article related to the course|
|15||Ecological importance of aquatic plants||Reading the lecture notes and related resources, browse the article related to the course|
|16-17||Economical importance of aquatic plants||Reading the lecture notes and related resources, browse the article related to the course|
|Recommended or Required Reading|