|Course Title||Code||Semester||L+P Hour||Credits||ECTS|
|Prerequisites and co-requisites||Yok|
|Recommended Optional Programme Components||None|
|Language of Instruction||Turkish|
|Course Level||First Cycle Programmes (Bachelor's Degree)|
|Course Coordinator||Prof.Dr. Cem ÇEVİK|
The aim of this course is to gain knowledge the students about the basic features of the science of ecology
Description of ecology and environment science, natural selection, habitat, biotope, ecological niche, population, community, ecosystem, abiotic factors and effects of organism, biotic factors, population dynamics, freshwater and marine ecosystems, effect of pollution water
|1) Explains the historical development of ecology, chapters, and the relationship with other disciplines|
|2) Explains biological diversity|
|3) Interprets some basic concepts of ecology to classify of ecological factors|
|4) Explains abiotic factors and the their effects on organisms|
|5) Explain biotic factors and the their effects on organisms|
|6) Explains the concept of population, structural properties and population dynamics|
|7) Explains the concept of ecosystem, ecosystem components, the functional properties of ecosystems, and the cycle of substance|
|Course's Contribution To Program|
|No||Program Learning Outcomes||Contribution|
Having knowledge on natural and applied sciences and basic engineering; combination of their theoretical and practical knowledge on fisheries engineering applications.
2. Assessment of data scientifically on fisheries engineering, determining and solving the problems
3. Uses theoretical and practical knowledge in the field of fisheries to design; investigates and interprets events and phenomena usig scientific methods and techniques.
4. Collecting data in fisheries science, making the basic experimental studies, evaluating the results, identifying the problems and developing methods of solution
5. Having plan any study related to fisheries science as an individually, managing and consulting.
6.Learning the knowledge by the determining learning needs; developing positive attitude towards lifelong learning
7. Communicating oral and written in expertise field, monitoring the seminars and meeting in expertise field, following the foreign language publication.
8. Improving life-long learning attitude and using the information to the public interest.
9. Creating public awareness about fisheries and having the ability to ensure sustainable use of aquatic resources.
10. Communicating oral and written effectively, participating the seminars and meetings in expertise field, following the foreign language publications.
11. Using the informatics and communicating technology
12. Improves constantly itself , as well as professional development scientific, social, cultural and artistic fields according to his/her interests and abilities identifying needs of learning.
13. Gaining competence to determine the current status of aquatic resources and its sustainable use, water pollution and control, and biotechnology areas.
14. Having ability to promote the study about aquaculture techniques by saving the natural environment, fishery diseases, fishing and processing technology, structure of fishery sector, problems and solution of their expertise field
15. Ability to act in accordance with the regulation, social, scientific, cultural, and ethical values on fisheries field
|1||The definition of ecology and its sections, the formation and evolution of the earth, the origin of species and biodiversity. Distribution of the subjects for homework.||Reading different books related to topic||Lecture|
|2||Habitat, biotope, ecological niche, population and community, ecosystem concepts||Reading different books related to topic||Lecture|
|3||Ecological relations, ecological factors||Reading different books related to topic||Lecture|
|4||Abiotic factors||Reading different books related to topic||Lecture|
|5||Biotic factors||Reading different books related to topic||Lecture|
|6||Population ecology and population dynamics||Reading different books related to topic||Lecture|
|7||Characteristics of the species of Community, Species diversity, Similarity and Diversity Indexes||Reading different books related to topic||Lecture|
|8||Mid-Term Exam||Studying exam||Lecture|
|9||Elements of ecosystems, energy flow in ecosystems||Reading different books related to topic||Lecture|
|10||substance cycle in ecosystem||Reading different books related to topic||Lecture|
|11||Freshwater and Marine ecosystems||Reading different books related to topic||Lecture|
|12||Wetlands, estuaries, lagoons and reefs||Reading different books related to topic||Lecture|
|13||Ecological balance and conservation of biodiversity||Reading different books related to topic||Lecture|
|14||Environmental Protection and Environmental Health||Reading different books related to topic||Lecture|
|15||Presentation of homework||Preparing for homework presentation||Homework|
|16-17||Term Exams||Preparing for homework presentation||Homework|
|Recommended or Required Reading|