|Course Title||Code||Semester||L+P Hour||Credits||ECTS|
|Prerequisites and co-requisites||yok|
|Recommended Optional Programme Components||None|
|Language of Instruction||Turkish|
|Course Level||First Cycle Programmes (Bachelor's Degree)|
|Course Coordinator||Asst.Prof.Dr. Makbule BAYLAN|
Basic Concepts of genetics, Mendelism, Connection, Part Exchange, Chromosome Maps, Cross-Domain Types of Genes, Alleles, to teach subjects such as mutations and Population Genetics.
Introduction, genetics events, works of Mendel, physical lineage between generations, lineage, crossing-over, chromosome maps, action types between genes, sex-linked genes, gene concept, genes with multiple alleles,mutation, population genetics
|1) Understanding qualitative genetic basis of aquatic organisms|
|2) Using and correlating genetic methods in fishing to increase prodictivity|
|3) Understanding and relating of gene, genotype and phenotype terms|
|Course's Contribution To Program|
|No||Program Learning Outcomes||Contribution|
Having knowledge on natural and applied sciences and basic engineering; combination of their theoretical and practical knowledge on fisheries engineering applications.
2. Assessment of data scientifically on fisheries engineering, determining and solving the problems
3. Uses theoretical and practical knowledge in the field of fisheries to design; investigates and interprets events and phenomena usig scientific methods and techniques.
4. Collecting data in fisheries science, making the basic experimental studies, evaluating the results, identifying the problems and developing methods of solution
5. Having plan any study related to fisheries science as an individually, managing and consulting.
6.Learning the knowledge by the determining learning needs; developing positive attitude towards lifelong learning
7. Communicating oral and written in expertise field, monitoring the seminars and meeting in expertise field, following the foreign language publication.
8. Improving life-long learning attitude and using the information to the public interest.
9. Creating public awareness about fisheries and having the ability to ensure sustainable use of aquatic resources.
10. Communicating oral and written effectively, participating the seminars and meetings in expertise field, following the foreign language publications.
11. Using the informatics and communicating technology
12. Improves constantly itself , as well as professional development scientific, social, cultural and artistic fields according to his/her interests and abilities identifying needs of learning.
13. Gaining competence to determine the current status of aquatic resources and its sustainable use, water pollution and control, and biotechnology areas.
14. Having ability to promote the study about aquaculture techniques by saving the natural environment, fishery diseases, fishing and processing technology, structure of fishery sector, problems and solution of their expertise field
15. Ability to act in accordance with the regulation, social, scientific, cultural, and ethical values on fisheries field
|1||Introduction||Reading of lecture notes and resources||Lecture|
|2||Genetics events||Reading of lecture notes and resources||Lecture|
|3||Works of Mendel||Reading of lecture notes and resources||Lecture|
|4||Physical lineage between generations||Reading of lecture notes and resources||Lecture|
|5||Lineage||Reading of lecture notes and resources, giving homeworks||Lecture|
|6||Crossing-over||Reading of lecture notes and resources||Lecture|
|7||Chromosome maps||Reading of lecture notes and resources||Lecture|
|8||Term exam||Preparation to term exam||Testing|
|9||Action types between genes||Reading of lecture notes and resources||Lecture|
|10||Sex-linked genes||Reading of lecture notes and resources||Lecture|
|11||Genes with multiple alleles||Reading of lecture notes and resources, giving a presentation homework||Lecture|
|12||Gene concept||Reading of lecture notes and resources||Lecture|
|13||Mutation||Reading of lecture notes and resources||Lecture|
|14||Population genetics||Reading of lecture notes and resources||Lecture|
|15||Population genetics||Reading of lecture notes and resources||Lecture|
|16-17||Final exam||Preparation to final exam||Testing|
|Recommended or Required Reading|
Ders Notu ve KitaplarDiger kaynaklar