|Course Title||Code||Semester||L+P Hour||Credits||ECTS|
|Fishing Boats and Equipments||SUF 204||4||1||2||3|
|Prerequisites and co-requisites||3- Hangi av araci kullanildigin açiklaya bilmesi,|
|Recommended Optional Programme Components||None|
|Language of Instruction||Turkish|
|Course Level||First Cycle Programmes (Bachelor's Degree)|
|Course Coordinator||Prof.Dr. Gökhan GÖKÇE|
Classification of fishing boats depend on regional differences, constructions, equipments, maintenance sreps of fishing boats, balıkçı gemilerinin bakım ve onarım aşamaları, Navigation and fish finder devices (Echo-sounder, sonar on fishing boats, Technical specifications of fishing boats, Lenght-speed relation, lenght-horse power relation, and basic measurement of fishng boats were consist of aim of the course.
Definition of fishing boats, description of regional differences on fishing boats, classification of fishing boats according to fishing methods, Analysis of differencies on deck equipment and fish finder equipment according to fishing operations, Machine types of boats, length-speed and Horse power-speed relation, maintenance of fishing boats and Fish boats planning
|1) ability of defination and classification of fishing boats|
|2) Ability of different part of fishing boats|
|3) classificable of fishing boats depends on fishing operations and understanding a relationship between fishing boats and fishing methods|
|4) ability of understanding a relationship between fish finder equipment and fishing operations|
|5) ability of understanding working principles of crain on fishing boats|
|6) ability of make a relation between basic measurement and horse power|
|Course's Contribution To Program|
|No||Program Learning Outcomes||Contribution|
Having knowledge on natural and applied sciences and basic engineering; combination of their theoretical and practical knowledge on fisheries engineering applications.
2. Assessment of data scientifically on fisheries engineering, determining and solving the problems
3. Uses theoretical and practical knowledge in the field of fisheries to design; investigates and interprets events and phenomena usig scientific methods and techniques.
4. Collecting data in fisheries science, making the basic experimental studies, evaluating the results, identifying the problems and developing methods of solution
5. Having plan any study related to fisheries science as an individually, managing and consulting.
6.Learning the knowledge by the determining learning needs; developing positive attitude towards lifelong learning
7. Communicating oral and written in expertise field, monitoring the seminars and meeting in expertise field, following the foreign language publication.
8. Improving life-long learning attitude and using the information to the public interest.
9. Creating public awareness about fisheries and having the ability to ensure sustainable use of aquatic resources.
10. Communicating oral and written effectively, participating the seminars and meetings in expertise field, following the foreign language publications.
11. Using the informatics and communicating technology
12. Improves constantly itself , as well as professional development scientific, social, cultural and artistic fields according to his/her interests and abilities identifying needs of learning.
13. Gaining competence to determine the current status of aquatic resources and its sustainable use, water pollution and control, and biotechnology areas.
14. Having ability to promote the study about aquaculture techniques by saving the natural environment, fishery diseases, fishing and processing technology, structure of fishery sector, problems and solution of their expertise field
15. Ability to act in accordance with the regulation, social, scientific, cultural, and ethical values on fisheries field
|1||Description of fishing boat and structural analysis of fishing boats in Turkey||Reading lecture material||Lecture|
|2||Description of special parts of fishing boats||Reading lecture material||Lecture|
|3||Defination of favour spesifications on fishing boats; speed, manouvering, sail capacity||Reading lecture material||Lecture|
|4||Working principal of fish finder equipment and devices||Reading lecture material||Lecture|
|5||Deck design and crain types of fishing boats||Reading lecture material||Lecture|
|6||Basic criterias of fishing boats designing||Reading lecture material||Lecture|
|7||Analysis of boat machine, propeller and shaft structures||Reading lecture material||Lecture|
|8||Mid-Term Exam||study for exam||Testing|
|9||Trawl and purse seine fishing boats||Reading lecture material||Lecture|
|10||Balast and GM Calculations on fishing boats||Reading lecture material||Lecture|
|11||Maintenance steps of fishing boats||Reading lecture material||Lecture|
|12||Registiration of fishing boats, fishing sign documents||Reading lecture material||Lecture|
|13||Technical visit||Practice||Drilland Practice|
|16-17||Term Exams||study for exam||Testing|
|Recommended or Required Reading|