|Course Title||Code||Semester||L+P Hour||Credits||ECTS|
|Prerequisites and co-requisites||Yok|
|Recommended Optional Programme Components||None|
|Language of Instruction||Turkish|
|Course Level||First Cycle Programmes (Bachelor's Degree)|
|Course Coordinator||Prof.Dr. Münir Ziya Lugal GÖKSU|
Providing information about the properties and communities living in inland waters and aquatic life to gain the basic skills to work.
Application field; characteristics of waters; aquatic organisms (algae, plankton, benthos, nekton); ecosystem, energy and productivity in inland waters; lentic and lotic ecosystems; lakes (structure, evolution, parameters, thermal stratification, water movements, classification, organisms); eutrophication; streams (characteristics, parameters, classification, organisms); limnological surveys and application technics; field works and laboratory experiments.
|1) Defines Inland waters (rivers, lakes, dams, ponds, lagoons, groundwater)|
|2) Classifies the internal waters, makes a limnological land study.|
|3) Gives information about the evolution, efficiency and nutrient status of lakes.|
|4) Describes the movement of water in lakes and stratification events|
|5) Distinguishes eutrophication in lakes and colored water.|
|6) Provides information on evolution, nutrient status and efficiency of rivers.|
|7) Gives information about the distribution of fish in rivers|
|8) Acquires basic skills for working in aquatic studies.|
|Course's Contribution To Program|
|No||Program Learning Outcomes||Contribution|
Having knowledge on natural and applied sciences and basic engineering; combination of their theoretical and practical knowledge on fisheries engineering applications.
2. Assessment of data scientifically on fisheries engineering, determining and solving the problems
3. Uses theoretical and practical knowledge in the field of fisheries to design; investigates and interprets events and phenomena usig scientific methods and techniques.
4. Collecting data in fisheries science, making the basic experimental studies, evaluating the results, identifying the problems and developing methods of solution
5. Having plan any study related to fisheries science as an individually, managing and consulting.
6.Learning the knowledge by the determining learning needs; developing positive attitude towards lifelong learning
7. Communicating oral and written in expertise field, monitoring the seminars and meeting in expertise field, following the foreign language publication.
8. Improving life-long learning attitude and using the information to the public interest.
9. Creating public awareness about fisheries and having the ability to ensure sustainable use of aquatic resources.
10. Communicating oral and written effectively, participating the seminars and meetings in expertise field, following the foreign language publications.
11. Using the informatics and communicating technology
12. Improves constantly itself , as well as professional development scientific, social, cultural and artistic fields according to his/her interests and abilities identifying needs of learning.
13. Gaining competence to determine the current status of aquatic resources and its sustainable use, water pollution and control, and biotechnology areas.
14. Having ability to promote the study about aquaculture techniques by saving the natural environment, fishery diseases, fishing and processing technology, structure of fishery sector, problems and solution of their expertise field
15. Ability to act in accordance with the regulation, social, scientific, cultural, and ethical values on fisheries field
|1||Introduction, definitions, application area, its history, Limnological study-phases||Read the relevant chapter in the book.|
|2||Water features, dissolved substances, nutrient, sampling and analysis||Read the relevant chapter in the book.|
|3||Inland waters, classification, wetland, Limnological study-phases, water features||Read the relevant chapter in the book.|
|4||Chemical properties of the lake water O2, CO2, H2S, CH4, N, P, and circulation||Read the relevant chapter in the book.|
|5||Energy, light and temperature, circulation-stratification-stagnation and mapping||Read the relevant chapter in the book.|
|6||Water movements in lakes, plankton-benthos sampling and calculation||Read the relevant chapter in the book.|
|7||Structure of the lake, the lake regions, the calculation of the parameters and plankton-benthos||Read the relevant chapter in the book.|
|8||MID-TERM EXAM||Study for exam|
|9||Eutrophication, colored water events (red-tie, white-tie)||Read the relevant chapter in the book.|
|10||Food chain, lakes, evolution, efficiency, lake evaluation index (GDI)||Read the relevant chapter in the book.|
|11||Lakes classification (temperature, according to the geological formation), limnological study film||Read the relevant chapter in the book.|
|12||Aquatic organisms and their classification (way of life according to their functions)||Read the relevant chapter in the book.|
|13||Turkey lakes (natural, lagoon, dam lakes, ponds) and film (Lake Van)||Read the relevant chapter in the book.|
|14||Characteristics of streams, river-lake difference, water pollution||Read the relevant chapter in the book.|
|15||Rivers of fish distribution, classification, Turkey streams, film||Read the relevant chapter in the book.|
|16-17||Final Exam||Study for exam|
|Recommended or Required Reading|