|Course Title||Code||Semester||L+P Hour||Credits||ECTS|
|Design and Analysis of Experiments||SUF 216||4||1||2||3|
|Prerequisites and co-requisites||yok|
|Recommended Optional Programme Components||None|
|Language of Instruction||Turkish|
|Course Level||First Cycle Programmes (Bachelor's Degree)|
|Course Coordinator||Asst.Prof.Dr. Makbule BAYLAN|
Aims to teach Hypothesis Testing, Analysis of Variance, experiments on the establishment of planning and analysis, Duncan test, establishment and analysis of factorial experiments with methods such as inner-Import Classification and Analysis of Experiment.
Introduction, principles of experimental design, analysis of variance, completely randomized design, multiple comparisons (least significant difference, Duncan multiple range test), randomized block design, latin square design and factorial experiments.
|1) Developing skills on research trials related to fisheries planning, building|
|2) Developing skills on statistical analysis|
|3) Developing skills on interpretation and inference.|
|Course's Contribution To Program|
|No||Program Learning Outcomes||Contribution|
Having knowledge on natural and applied sciences and basic engineering; combination of their theoretical and practical knowledge on fisheries engineering applications.
2. Assessment of data scientifically on fisheries engineering, determining and solving the problems
3. Uses theoretical and practical knowledge in the field of fisheries to design; investigates and interprets events and phenomena usig scientific methods and techniques.
4. Collecting data in fisheries science, making the basic experimental studies, evaluating the results, identifying the problems and developing methods of solution
5. Having plan any study related to fisheries science as an individually, managing and consulting.
6.Learning the knowledge by the determining learning needs; developing positive attitude towards lifelong learning
7. Communicating oral and written in expertise field, monitoring the seminars and meeting in expertise field, following the foreign language publication.
8. Improving life-long learning attitude and using the information to the public interest.
9. Creating public awareness about fisheries and having the ability to ensure sustainable use of aquatic resources.
10. Communicating oral and written effectively, participating the seminars and meetings in expertise field, following the foreign language publications.
11. Using the informatics and communicating technology
12. Improves constantly itself , as well as professional development scientific, social, cultural and artistic fields according to his/her interests and abilities identifying needs of learning.
13. Gaining competence to determine the current status of aquatic resources and its sustainable use, water pollution and control, and biotechnology areas.
14. Having ability to promote the study about aquaculture techniques by saving the natural environment, fishery diseases, fishing and processing technology, structure of fishery sector, problems and solution of their expertise field
15. Ability to act in accordance with the regulation, social, scientific, cultural, and ethical values on fisheries field
|2||Hypothesis Tests||Reading Sources||Lecture|
|3||Principle of Experimental Design||Reading Sources||Lecture|
|4||Analysis of Variance(ANOVA)||Reading Sources||Lecture|
|5||Two-way ANOVA||Reading Sources||Lecture|
|6||Randomized Block Design||Reading Sources||Lecture|
|7||Duncan Multiple Comparison Test||Reading Sources||Lecture|
|8||Mid-term Exam||Studying midterm exam||Testing|
|9||Completely Randomized Block Design and Analysis||Reading Sources||Lecture|
|10||Latin Square Design||Reading Sources||Lecture|
|11||Latin Square Design and Analysis||Reading Sources||Lecture|
|12||Factorial Experiments||Reading Sources||Lecture|
|13||Factorial Experiments and Analysis||Reading Sources||Lecture|
|14||Nested Classification||Reading Sources||Lecture|
|15||Nested Classification Design and Analysis||Reading Sources||Lecture|
|16-17||Final||Studying final exam||Testing|
|Recommended or Required Reading|
Ders Notu ve KitaplarDiger kaynaklar