|Course Title||Code||Semester||L+P Hour||Credits||ECTS|
|Fish Feeding Technique *||SUF 217||3||1||2||3|
|Prerequisites and co-requisites||Yok|
|Recommended Optional Programme Components||None|
|Language of Instruction||Turkish|
|Course Level||First Cycle Programmes (Bachelor's Degree)|
|Course Coordinator||Prof.Dr. Orhan Tufan EROLDOĞAN|
Aim of the course is to teach the students a general overview on fish feeding methods and techniques. Also, some nutritional information related with physiology is taught.
Feed composition and analysis; food types, production and ingredients; Techniques for measuring food intake; Feeding behavior; Environmental factors and food intake; Digestion and feeding methods; Feeding rhythms; Effects of feeding time on feed intake and feeding methods; Development on feeding methods.
|Course's Contribution To Program|
|No||Program Learning Outcomes||Contribution|
Having knowledge on natural and applied sciences and basic engineering; combination of their theoretical and practical knowledge on fisheries engineering applications.
2. Assessment of data scientifically on fisheries engineering, determining and solving the problems
3. Uses theoretical and practical knowledge in the field of fisheries to design; investigates and interprets events and phenomena usig scientific methods and techniques.
4. Collecting data in fisheries science, making the basic experimental studies, evaluating the results, identifying the problems and developing methods of solution
5. Having plan any study related to fisheries science as an individually, managing and consulting.
6.Learning the knowledge by the determining learning needs; developing positive attitude towards lifelong learning
7. Communicating oral and written in expertise field, monitoring the seminars and meeting in expertise field, following the foreign language publication.
8. Improving life-long learning attitude and using the information to the public interest.
9. Creating public awareness about fisheries and having the ability to ensure sustainable use of aquatic resources.
10. Communicating oral and written effectively, participating the seminars and meetings in expertise field, following the foreign language publications.
11. Using the informatics and communicating technology
12. Improves constantly itself , as well as professional development scientific, social, cultural and artistic fields according to his/her interests and abilities identifying needs of learning.
13. Gaining competence to determine the current status of aquatic resources and its sustainable use, water pollution and control, and biotechnology areas.
14. Having ability to promote the study about aquaculture techniques by saving the natural environment, fishery diseases, fishing and processing technology, structure of fishery sector, problems and solution of their expertise field
15. Ability to act in accordance with the regulation, social, scientific, cultural, and ethical values on fisheries field
|1||Feeding behaviour and feeding||Pre-readings|
|2||Feeding metabolism||Laboratory preparations|
|3||Practice-Digestion and Nutrition||Pre-readings|
|4||Feeding rhythims||Laboratory preparations|
|6||Energy and Feeding rhythims||Library seararch|
|7||Compensatory growth||Laboratory preparations|
|8||Mid-Term Exam||Pre-readings/courses notes|
|9||Determination of feeding methods and criteria-I||Library research|
|10||Determination of feeding methods and criteria-II||Laboratory preparations|
|12||Feed intake and Envirenmantal effect||Laboratory preparations|
|13||Feed management and pracitice (gastric evacuation)||Pre-readings|
|14||Effects of feeding methods on body composition||Laboratory preparations|
|15||Feeding intake practices||Pre-readings/courses notes|
|16-17||Term Exams||Pre-readings/courses notes|
|Recommended or Required Reading|