|Course Title||Code||Semester||L+P Hour||Credits||ECTS|
|General Features of Turkeys Fisheries||SUF 221||3||2||2||3|
|Prerequisites and co-requisites||Yok|
|Recommended Optional Programme Components||None|
|Language of Instruction||Turkish|
|Course Level||First Cycle Programmes (Bachelor's Degree)|
|Course Coordinator||Assoc.Prof.Dr. Caner Enver ÖZYURT|
The objective of this course is recognition of different components of fisheries sector of Turkey by students.
With the scope of the course, the main components of Turkish Fisheries and their portion, the temporal and spatial changes in the components and reason will be investigated. Besides, the main problems, reasons and potential solutions of Turkish Fisheries will be considered. In addition, Turkish fisheries will be compared with global fisheries and improvement potential will be assessment.
|1) Recognize the components of Turkeys Fisheries production.|
|2) Knows the contribution of marine and inland fisheries in total fisheries production.|
|3) Knows the administrative and scientific problems of the fisheries sector.|
|4) Comprehend the importance of fisheries interaction with ecosystem.|
|Course's Contribution To Program|
|No||Program Learning Outcomes||Contribution|
Having knowledge on natural and applied sciences and basic engineering; combination of their theoretical and practical knowledge on fisheries engineering applications.
2. Assessment of data scientifically on fisheries engineering, determining and solving the problems
3. Uses theoretical and practical knowledge in the field of fisheries to design; investigates and interprets events and phenomena usig scientific methods and techniques.
4. Collecting data in fisheries science, making the basic experimental studies, evaluating the results, identifying the problems and developing methods of solution
5. Having plan any study related to fisheries science as an individually, managing and consulting.
6.Learning the knowledge by the determining learning needs; developing positive attitude towards lifelong learning
7. Communicating oral and written in expertise field, monitoring the seminars and meeting in expertise field, following the foreign language publication.
8. Improving life-long learning attitude and using the information to the public interest.
9. Creating public awareness about fisheries and having the ability to ensure sustainable use of aquatic resources.
10. Communicating oral and written effectively, participating the seminars and meetings in expertise field, following the foreign language publications.
11. Using the informatics and communicating technology
12. Improves constantly itself , as well as professional development scientific, social, cultural and artistic fields according to his/her interests and abilities identifying needs of learning.
13. Gaining competence to determine the current status of aquatic resources and its sustainable use, water pollution and control, and biotechnology areas.
14. Having ability to promote the study about aquaculture techniques by saving the natural environment, fishery diseases, fishing and processing technology, structure of fishery sector, problems and solution of their expertise field
15. Ability to act in accordance with the regulation, social, scientific, cultural, and ethical values on fisheries field
|1||State of Turkey in world fisheries production||Reading the lecture notes and related resources||Lecture|
|2||Components of fisheries production||Reading the lecture notes and related resources||Lecture|
|3||Description of fishing gear||Reading the lecture notes and related resources||Lecture|
|4||Distributions of fishing boat according to areas, and reasons||Reading the lecture notes and related resources||Lecture|
|5||Sustainable Fisheries||Reading the lecture notes and related resources||Lecture|
|6||Prohibitions and restrictions in fisheries||Reading the lecture notes and related resources||Lecture|
|7||Legal regulation in professional fisheries Number (2012/65)||Reading the lecture notes and related resources||Lecture|
|8||Midterm exam||Study for exam||Testing|
|9||Legal regulation in professional fisheries Number (2012/65)||Reading the lecture notes and related resources||Lecture|
|10||Legal regulation in professional fisheries Number (2012/65)||Reading the lecture notes and related resources||Lecture|
|11||Environmental effects of fishing activities (Lost fishing gear)||Reading the lecture notes and related resources||Lecture|
|12||Environmental effects of fishing activities (Bycatch and discard)||Reading the lecture notes and related resources||Lecture|
|13||Environmental effects of fishing activities (Alien species)||Reading the lecture notes and related resources||Lecture|
|14||Fisheries in Iskenderun Bay||Reading the lecture notes and related resources||Lecture|
|15||Fisheries in İskenderun Bay||Reading the lecture notes and related resources||Lecture|
|16-17||Final Exam||Study for exam|
|Recommended or Required Reading|