|Course Title||Code||Semester||L+P Hour||Credits||ECTS|
|Fish Behaviour *||SUF 223||3||2||2||3|
|Prerequisites and co-requisites||Yok|
|Recommended Optional Programme Components||None|
|Language of Instruction||Turkish|
|Course Level||First Cycle Programmes (Bachelor's Degree)|
|Course Coordinator||Prof. Dr. Mahmut YANAR|
The main aim of this lecture is to teach students about the dynamics and evolutionary origins of animal behaviour; heredity and environment in behaviour, types of fish behaviour and main social behavior in fish.
Basic conception in animal behaviour; natural selection and sexual selection; heredity and environment in fish behaviour; sense organs and their role on fish behaviour; courtship, competitive, aggressiveness, territorial, schooling, breeding, feeding, migration and defence behaviour in fish.
|Course's Contribution To Program|
|No||Program Learning Outcomes||Contribution|
Having knowledge on natural and applied sciences and basic engineering; combination of their theoretical and practical knowledge on fisheries engineering applications.
2. Assessment of data scientifically on fisheries engineering, determining and solving the problems
3. Uses theoretical and practical knowledge in the field of fisheries to design; investigates and interprets events and phenomena usig scientific methods and techniques.
4. Collecting data in fisheries science, making the basic experimental studies, evaluating the results, identifying the problems and developing methods of solution
5. Having plan any study related to fisheries science as an individually, managing and consulting.
6.Learning the knowledge by the determining learning needs; developing positive attitude towards lifelong learning
7. Communicating oral and written in expertise field, monitoring the seminars and meeting in expertise field, following the foreign language publication.
8. Improving life-long learning attitude and using the information to the public interest.
9. Creating public awareness about fisheries and having the ability to ensure sustainable use of aquatic resources.
10. Communicating oral and written effectively, participating the seminars and meetings in expertise field, following the foreign language publications.
11. Using the informatics and communicating technology
12. Improves constantly itself , as well as professional development scientific, social, cultural and artistic fields according to his/her interests and abilities identifying needs of learning.
13. Gaining competence to determine the current status of aquatic resources and its sustainable use, water pollution and control, and biotechnology areas.
14. Having ability to promote the study about aquaculture techniques by saving the natural environment, fishery diseases, fishing and processing technology, structure of fishery sector, problems and solution of their expertise field
15. Ability to act in accordance with the regulation, social, scientific, cultural, and ethical values on fisheries field
|1||Giving an summary information about whole lesson||student comes with lecture notes|
|2||Basic conception and history of animal behaviour, and natural selection||reading the lecture notes|
|3||Social behaviour in fish and their types||reading the lecture notes|
|4||Heredity and instinct in animal behaviour||reading the lecture notes and recommended literature|
|5||Sexuel selection in fish||reading the lecture notes and recommended literature|
|6||Reproduction and courtship behaviour in fish||reading the lecture notes and recommended literature|
|7||Family life and parental care in fish||reading the lecture notes, browing article on web|
|8||Midterm exam, discussion of answers of quaestions||study for the exam|
|9||Competitive and fight in fish||reading the lecture notes, browing article on web, preparation for the home work|
|10||Reproductive strategies, monogamy and polygamy in fish||reading the lecture notes, browing article on web, preparation for the home work|
|11||Territorial behavior in fish||reading the lecture notes, browing article on web, preparation for the home work|
|12||Schooling behavior in fish||reading the lecture notes, browing article on web, preparation for the home work|
|13||Sense organs in fish and their role on fish behaviour||reading the lecture notes, browing article on web, preparation for the home work|
|14||Behaviours of fish living tide zone||reading the lecture notes, browing article on web, preparation for the home work|
|15||Evaluation of homework||preparation of the home work|
|16-17||Final exam||study for the exam|
|Recommended or Required Reading|
Ders Notu ve Kitaplar