|Course Title||Code||Semester||L+P Hour||Credits||ECTS|
|Business Organisation and Management||SUF 225||3||2||2||3|
|Prerequisites and co-requisites|
|Recommended Optional Programme Components||None|
|Language of Instruction||Turkish|
|Course Level||First Cycle Programmes (Bachelor's Degree)|
|Course Coordinator||Assoc.Prof.Dr. Oğuz TAŞBOZAN|
Basic information about the aquaculture farms
Management of aquaculture farms
|1) Students have knowledge about the aquaculture farms|
|2) Students have knowledge about the types aquaculture farms|
|3) Gain knowledge and skills about the management of fisheries businesses|
|4) Gain knowledge and skills about the organization of fishery enterprises|
|Course's Contribution To Program|
|No||Program Learning Outcomes||Contribution|
Having knowledge on natural and applied sciences and basic engineering; combination of their theoretical and practical knowledge on fisheries engineering applications.
2. Assessment of data scientifically on fisheries engineering, determining and solving the problems
3. Uses theoretical and practical knowledge in the field of fisheries to design; investigates and interprets events and phenomena usig scientific methods and techniques.
4. Collecting data in fisheries science, making the basic experimental studies, evaluating the results, identifying the problems and developing methods of solution
5. Having plan any study related to fisheries science as an individually, managing and consulting.
6.Learning the knowledge by the determining learning needs; developing positive attitude towards lifelong learning
7. Communicating oral and written in expertise field, monitoring the seminars and meeting in expertise field, following the foreign language publication.
8. Improving life-long learning attitude and using the information to the public interest.
9. Creating public awareness about fisheries and having the ability to ensure sustainable use of aquatic resources.
10. Communicating oral and written effectively, participating the seminars and meetings in expertise field, following the foreign language publications.
11. Using the informatics and communicating technology
12. Improves constantly itself , as well as professional development scientific, social, cultural and artistic fields according to his/her interests and abilities identifying needs of learning.
13. Gaining competence to determine the current status of aquatic resources and its sustainable use, water pollution and control, and biotechnology areas.
14. Having ability to promote the study about aquaculture techniques by saving the natural environment, fishery diseases, fishing and processing technology, structure of fishery sector, problems and solution of their expertise field
15. Ability to act in accordance with the regulation, social, scientific, cultural, and ethical values on fisheries field
|1||The basic concepts about the aquaculture farms||Pre-reading|
|2||The basic concepts about the aquaculture farms||Pre-reading|
|3||Types of aquaculture farms||Pre-reading|
|4||Basic information about the types of aquaculture farms||Pre-reading|
|6||Nursery units||Pre-reading, literature study, homework|
|7||Cages farms||Pre-reading, literature study, homework|
|8||Midterm exam||Pre-reading and studying course notes|
|9||Aquatic products processing units||Pre-reading, literature study,|
|10||Organization and management for types of aquaculture farms||Pre-reading, literature study,|
|11||Organization and management for types of aquaculture farms||Pre-reading, literature study,|
|12||Organization and management for types of aquaculture farms||Pre-reading|
|13||Organization and management for types of aquaculture farms||Pre-reading, literature study,|
|14||Organization and management for types of aquaculture farms||Pre-reading, literature study,|
|15||General evaluation||Pre-reading, literature study,|
|16-17||Final exam||Pre-reading and studying course notes|
|Recommended or Required Reading|