|Course Title||Code||Semester||L+P Hour||Credits||ECTS|
|Introduction to Ihtiyoplankton *||SUF 226||4||2||2||3|
|Prerequisites and co-requisites||Yok|
|Recommended Optional Programme Components||None|
|Language of Instruction||Turkish|
|Course Level||First Cycle Programmes (Bachelor's Degree)|
|Course Coordinator||Prof.Dr. Dursun AVŞAR|
The aim of this course is to inform students about planktonic organisms and ichthyoplankton and provide them basic abilities on understand embriyonic and larval stages peculiarities of fishes.
The contents of this course is to be informed about the planktonic organisms and ihtiyoplankton, fish eggs, identification, classification, type and morphological characteristics, fecundity and related parameters, developmental stages of the eggs, larval development, identification of fish larvae, sampling of the ihtiyoplankton, preservation and keeping of eggs and larvae, larval behaviour, distribution and their migration.
|Course's Contribution To Program|
|No||Program Learning Outcomes||Contribution|
Having knowledge on natural and applied sciences and basic engineering; combination of their theoretical and practical knowledge on fisheries engineering applications.
2. Assessment of data scientifically on fisheries engineering, determining and solving the problems
3. Uses theoretical and practical knowledge in the field of fisheries to design; investigates and interprets events and phenomena usig scientific methods and techniques.
4. Collecting data in fisheries science, making the basic experimental studies, evaluating the results, identifying the problems and developing methods of solution
5. Having plan any study related to fisheries science as an individually, managing and consulting.
6.Learning the knowledge by the determining learning needs; developing positive attitude towards lifelong learning
7. Communicating oral and written in expertise field, monitoring the seminars and meeting in expertise field, following the foreign language publication.
8. Improving life-long learning attitude and using the information to the public interest.
9. Creating public awareness about fisheries and having the ability to ensure sustainable use of aquatic resources.
10. Communicating oral and written effectively, participating the seminars and meetings in expertise field, following the foreign language publications.
11. Using the informatics and communicating technology
12. Improves constantly itself , as well as professional development scientific, social, cultural and artistic fields according to his/her interests and abilities identifying needs of learning.
13. Gaining competence to determine the current status of aquatic resources and its sustainable use, water pollution and control, and biotechnology areas.
14. Having ability to promote the study about aquaculture techniques by saving the natural environment, fishery diseases, fishing and processing technology, structure of fishery sector, problems and solution of their expertise field
15. Ability to act in accordance with the regulation, social, scientific, cultural, and ethical values on fisheries field
|1||Introduction, Planktonic Organisms||Lecture Notes, pages 1-3 will have been read.|
|2||Ichthyoplankton||Lecture Notes, pages 3-14 will have been read.|
|3||Shape and Morphology of Eggs||Lecture Notes, pages 14-18 will have been read.|
|4||Classification of Eggs||Lecture Notes, pages 19-24 will have been read.|
|5||Developmental Stages of Eggs||Lecture Notes, pages 25-36 will have been read.|
|6||Collecting Eggs||Lecture Notes, pages 36-42 will have been read.|
|7||Larval Development||Lecture Notes, pages 42-49 will have been read.|
|8||Visa Exam||Study for Visa Exam|
|9||Properties of Larvae||Lecture Notes, pages 49-52 will have been read.|
|10||Identification of Larvae||Lecture Notes, pages 52-61 will have been read.|
|11||Sampling Ichthyoplankton||Lecture Notes, pages 62-72 will have been read.|
|12||Sampling, handling keeping and preservation||Lecture Notes, pages 73-79 will have been read.|
|13||Larval Behaviors in Fishes and Quiz||Lecture Notes, pages 80-86 will have been read|
|14||Dispersals of Fish Egg and Larvae||Lecture Notes, pages 87-92 will have been read.|
|15||Migrations of Larvae||Lecture Notes, pages 93-98 will have been read.|
|Recommended or Required Reading|
Ders Notu ve KitaplarDiger Kaynaklar