|Course Title||Code||Semester||L+P Hour||Credits||ECTS|
|Aquatic Reptiles, Birds and Mammals *||SUF 227||3||2||2||3|
|Prerequisites and co-requisites|
|Recommended Optional Programme Components||None|
|Language of Instruction||Turkish|
|Course Level||First Cycle Programmes (Bachelor's Degree)|
|Course Coordinator||Prof.Dr. Canan TÜRELİ|
acquire basic knowledge about the aquatic vertebrate organisms is to use and professional applications
General characteristics of Chordata, biology, systematic and general characteristics of aquatic reptiles, birds and mammals.
|Course's Contribution To Program|
|No||Program Learning Outcomes||Contribution|
Having knowledge on natural and applied sciences and basic engineering; combination of their theoretical and practical knowledge on fisheries engineering applications.
2. Assessment of data scientifically on fisheries engineering, determining and solving the problems
3. Uses theoretical and practical knowledge in the field of fisheries to design; investigates and interprets events and phenomena usig scientific methods and techniques.
4. Collecting data in fisheries science, making the basic experimental studies, evaluating the results, identifying the problems and developing methods of solution
5. Having plan any study related to fisheries science as an individually, managing and consulting.
6.Learning the knowledge by the determining learning needs; developing positive attitude towards lifelong learning
7. Communicating oral and written in expertise field, monitoring the seminars and meeting in expertise field, following the foreign language publication.
8. Improving life-long learning attitude and using the information to the public interest.
9. Creating public awareness about fisheries and having the ability to ensure sustainable use of aquatic resources.
10. Communicating oral and written effectively, participating the seminars and meetings in expertise field, following the foreign language publications.
11. Using the informatics and communicating technology
12. Improves constantly itself , as well as professional development scientific, social, cultural and artistic fields according to his/her interests and abilities identifying needs of learning.
13. Gaining competence to determine the current status of aquatic resources and its sustainable use, water pollution and control, and biotechnology areas.
14. Having ability to promote the study about aquaculture techniques by saving the natural environment, fishery diseases, fishing and processing technology, structure of fishery sector, problems and solution of their expertise field
15. Ability to act in accordance with the regulation, social, scientific, cultural, and ethical values on fisheries field
|1||General characteristics of chordates and lower systematic groups||Powerpoint presentation one week|
|2||Vertebrata (vertebrates) of the general characteristics||Powerpoint presentation second week|
|3||Class: Reptilia-the characteristics of reptiles||Powerpoint presentation the third week|
|4||Class: Reptilia-classification of reptiles||Powerpoint presentation the fourth week|
|5||Ordo: Chelonia (Testudines) turtles||Powerpoint presentation fifth week, homework|
|6||Classification of freshwater and marine turtles||Powerpoint presentation the sixth week|
|7||midterm exam||Study for exam|
|8||Mid-Term Exam||Powerpoint presentation the seventh week Read the source presentation preparation, homework|
|9||Ordo: Crocodylia-crocodile||Powerpoint presentation the eighth week|
|10||The characteristic feature of Class: Aves (birds)||Powerpoint presentation the ninth week|
|11||Migration and behavior of birds||Powerpoint presentation the tenth week ,homework|
|12||Classification of aquatic birds||Powerpoint presentation the eleventh week|
|13||The characteristic feature of Class: Mammalia (mammals)||Powerpoint presentation the twelfth week|
|14||Marine mammals||Powerpoint presentation the thirteenth week|
|15||Marine mammals||Powerpoint presentation the fourteenth week|
|16-17||Term Exams||Study for exam|
|Recommended or Required Reading|