|Course Title||Code||Semester||L+P Hour||Credits||ECTS|
|Navigation and Collision Regulation||SUF 229||3||2||2||3|
|Prerequisites and co-requisites|
|Recommended Optional Programme Components||None|
|Language of Instruction||Turkish|
|Course Level||First Cycle Programmes (Bachelor's Degree)|
|Course Coordinator||Assoc.Prof.Dr. Caner Enver ÖZYURT|
To obtain basic information about navigation and meteorology, and to evaluate and use this information in the maritime field.
With the scope of this course, marine navigation types, element of the reference coordinate system, distance calculation, navigating passing through the speciphic position, finding fix positions during cruise will be investigated.
|1) Find a position known on the sea map.|
|2) Calculate the distance between two positions.|
|3) Find the position thanks to apparent shore structure during the cruise.|
|Course's Contribution To Program|
|No||Program Learning Outcomes||Contribution|
Having knowledge on natural and applied sciences and basic engineering; combination of their theoretical and practical knowledge on fisheries engineering applications.
2. Assessment of data scientifically on fisheries engineering, determining and solving the problems
3. Uses theoretical and practical knowledge in the field of fisheries to design; investigates and interprets events and phenomena usig scientific methods and techniques.
4. Collecting data in fisheries science, making the basic experimental studies, evaluating the results, identifying the problems and developing methods of solution
5. Having plan any study related to fisheries science as an individually, managing and consulting.
6.Learning the knowledge by the determining learning needs; developing positive attitude towards lifelong learning
7. Communicating oral and written in expertise field, monitoring the seminars and meeting in expertise field, following the foreign language publication.
8. Improving life-long learning attitude and using the information to the public interest.
9. Creating public awareness about fisheries and having the ability to ensure sustainable use of aquatic resources.
10. Communicating oral and written effectively, participating the seminars and meetings in expertise field, following the foreign language publications.
11. Using the informatics and communicating technology
12. Improves constantly itself , as well as professional development scientific, social, cultural and artistic fields according to his/her interests and abilities identifying needs of learning.
13. Gaining competence to determine the current status of aquatic resources and its sustainable use, water pollution and control, and biotechnology areas.
14. Having ability to promote the study about aquaculture techniques by saving the natural environment, fishery diseases, fishing and processing technology, structure of fishery sector, problems and solution of their expertise field
15. Ability to act in accordance with the regulation, social, scientific, cultural, and ethical values on fisheries field
|1||Defination and classification of navigation.||Reading the lecture notes and related resources|
|2||Terms of navigation and basic calculation||Reading the lecture notes and related resources|
|3||Compass reading, correction in magnatic compass||Reading the lecture notes and related resources|
|4||Use the map, finding position||Reading the lecture notes and related resources|
|5||Calculation of cruise route||Reading the lecture notes and related resources|
|6||Calculation of cruise route||Reading the lecture notes and related resources|
|7||Nautical publications, lighthouses and buoys systems||Reading the lecture notes and related resources|
|9||Find fix position two or three bearing||Reading the lecture notes and related resources|
|10||Find fix position two or three bearing||Reading the lecture notes and related resources|
|11||Find fix position one bearing and one distance||Reading the lecture notes and related resources|
|12||Find fix position two or three bearing||Reading the lecture notes and related resources|
|13||Collision regulation 1||Reading the lecture notes and related resources|
|14||Collision regulation 2||Reading the lecture notes and related resources|
|15||Collision regulation 3||Reading the lecture notes and related resources|
|Recommended or Required Reading|