|Course Title||Code||Semester||L+P Hour||Credits||ECTS|
|SCUBA Diving technique 1||SUF 230||4||1||2||3|
|Prerequisites and co-requisites||Yok|
|Recommended Optional Programme Components||None|
|Language of Instruction||Turkish|
|Course Level||First Cycle Programmes (Bachelor's Degree)|
|Course Coordinator||Prof.Dr. Cem ÇEVİK|
The aim of this course is to teach students rules and techniques of SCUBA diving (at the level of a star)
Care and storage of diving equipments, Safe Diving Rules, Selection of Scuba Diving area, Decompression tables, buoyancy equipment and diving suits, Underwater physics and Underwater Physiology, Scuba Diving Equipment, Pressure - Volume relationships, basic scuba signs, the basic equipment used in divings
|1) Knows and uses the basic diving equipment|
|2) Knows and uses the basic diving marks|
|3) Know the rules of diving-related gas|
|4) Know the rules of safe diving|
|5) Knows and uses dive tables|
|Course's Contribution To Program|
|No||Program Learning Outcomes||Contribution|
Having knowledge on natural and applied sciences and basic engineering; combination of their theoretical and practical knowledge on fisheries engineering applications.
2. Assessment of data scientifically on fisheries engineering, determining and solving the problems
3. Uses theoretical and practical knowledge in the field of fisheries to design; investigates and interprets events and phenomena usig scientific methods and techniques.
4. Collecting data in fisheries science, making the basic experimental studies, evaluating the results, identifying the problems and developing methods of solution
5. Having plan any study related to fisheries science as an individually, managing and consulting.
6.Learning the knowledge by the determining learning needs; developing positive attitude towards lifelong learning
7. Communicating oral and written in expertise field, monitoring the seminars and meeting in expertise field, following the foreign language publication.
8. Improving life-long learning attitude and using the information to the public interest.
9. Creating public awareness about fisheries and having the ability to ensure sustainable use of aquatic resources.
10. Communicating oral and written effectively, participating the seminars and meetings in expertise field, following the foreign language publications.
11. Using the informatics and communicating technology
12. Improves constantly itself , as well as professional development scientific, social, cultural and artistic fields according to his/her interests and abilities identifying needs of learning.
13. Gaining competence to determine the current status of aquatic resources and its sustainable use, water pollution and control, and biotechnology areas.
14. Having ability to promote the study about aquaculture techniques by saving the natural environment, fishery diseases, fishing and processing technology, structure of fishery sector, problems and solution of their expertise field
15. Ability to act in accordance with the regulation, social, scientific, cultural, and ethical values on fisheries field
|1||Administration course||Reading relevant subject in book||Lecture|
|2||The basic equipment used in diving||Reading relevant subject in book||Lecture|
|3||Basic scuba signs||Reading relevant subject in book||Lecture|
|4||Pressure - Volume relationships||Reading relevant subject in book||Lecture|
|5||Scuba Diving Equipment||Reading relevant subject in book||Lecture|
|6||Underwater physics and Underwater Physiology||Reading relevant subject in book||Lecture|
|7||Buoyancy equipment and diving suits||Reading relevant subject in book||Lecture|
|8||Mid-Term Exam||Studying exam||Question-Answer|
|9||Care and storage of diving equpments||Reading relevant subject in book||Lecture|
|10||Safe Diving Rules||Reading relevant subject in book||Lecture|
|11||Selection of Scuba Diving area||Reading relevant subject in book||Lecture|
|12||Decompression tables||Reading relevant subject in book||Lecture|
|13||Decompression tables||Reading relevant subject in book||Lecture|
|14||Diving||Reading relevant subject in book||Lecture|
|15||Diving||Reading relevant subject in book||Lecture|
|16-17||Term Exams||Preparing for exam|
|Recommended or Required Reading|