|Course Title||Code||Semester||L+P Hour||Credits||ECTS|
|Ornemental Fish Culture *||SUF 301||5||1||2||4|
|Prerequisites and co-requisites||Yok|
|Recommended Optional Programme Components||None|
|Language of Instruction||Turkish|
|Course Level||First Cycle Programmes (Bachelor's Degree)|
|Course Coordinator||Prof.Dr. Mahmut YANAR|
The main aim of this lecture is to teach students about the aquarium systems and design; water quality and their control; description, breeding, feeding and transportaion of ormamental fish.
Aquarium systems and their design; environmental factors and their control; description, breeding, feeding and transportation of ornamental fish including main families of Poecillidae,Cyprinidae, Anabantidae and Cichlidae.
|Course's Contribution To Program|
|No||Program Learning Outcomes||Contribution|
Having knowledge on natural and applied sciences and basic engineering; combination of their theoretical and practical knowledge on fisheries engineering applications.
2. Assessment of data scientifically on fisheries engineering, determining and solving the problems
3. Uses theoretical and practical knowledge in the field of fisheries to design; investigates and interprets events and phenomena usig scientific methods and techniques.
4. Collecting data in fisheries science, making the basic experimental studies, evaluating the results, identifying the problems and developing methods of solution
5. Having plan any study related to fisheries science as an individually, managing and consulting.
6.Learning the knowledge by the determining learning needs; developing positive attitude towards lifelong learning
7. Communicating oral and written in expertise field, monitoring the seminars and meeting in expertise field, following the foreign language publication.
8. Improving life-long learning attitude and using the information to the public interest.
9. Creating public awareness about fisheries and having the ability to ensure sustainable use of aquatic resources.
10. Communicating oral and written effectively, participating the seminars and meetings in expertise field, following the foreign language publications.
11. Using the informatics and communicating technology
12. Improves constantly itself , as well as professional development scientific, social, cultural and artistic fields according to his/her interests and abilities identifying needs of learning.
13. Gaining competence to determine the current status of aquatic resources and its sustainable use, water pollution and control, and biotechnology areas.
14. Having ability to promote the study about aquaculture techniques by saving the natural environment, fishery diseases, fishing and processing technology, structure of fishery sector, problems and solution of their expertise field
15. Ability to act in accordance with the regulation, social, scientific, cultural, and ethical values on fisheries field
|1||Giving an summary information about whole lesson||student comes with lecture notes|
|2||General characteristics of ornamental fish, the market demands, choosing place in establishment of ornamental fish farm||reading the lecture notes and preparation for the laboratory|
|3||Construction of glass aquarium, technical specifications of concrete pools, aeration and filtration||reading the lecture notes and preparation for the laboratory|
|4||Nutrition of ornamental fish, feeds, life food and their simple production techniques||reading the lecture notes and preparation for the laboratory|
|5||Environmental factors in aquarium systems and their management||reading the lecture notes and preparation for the laboratory|
|6||Environmental factors in aquarium systems and their management, resircule systems||reading the lecture notes and preparation for the laboratory|
|7||Culture of Poecillidae family||reading the lecture notes and preparation for the laboratory|
|8||Midterm exam, discussion of answers of quaestion||study for the exam|
|9||Culture of Poecillidae family||reading the lecture notes and preparation for the laboratory|
|10||Culture of Cyprinidae family||reading the lecture notes, browing article on web and preparation for the home work|
|11||Culture of Cyprinidae family||reading the lecture notes, browing article on web and preparation for the home work|
|12||Culture of Anabantidae and Callichthyidae family||reading the lecture notes, browing article on web and preparation for the home work|
|13||Culture of Cichlidae family||reading litarature recommended and monitoring of the trial aquariums|
|14||Fish transporting, approach to causes of fish losses and death, use of medicament and their calculation methods in aquaculture||reading litarature recommended and monitoring of the trial aquariums|
|15||evaluation of homework||preparation for the homework|
|16-17||final exam||study for the eaxm|
|Recommended or Required Reading|
Ders Notu ve Kitaplar