|Course Title||Code||Semester||L+P Hour||Credits||ECTS|
|Inland Fish Culture||SUF 305||5||2||3||4|
|Prerequisites and co-requisites||yok|
|Recommended Optional Programme Components||None|
|Language of Instruction||Turkish|
|Course Level||First Cycle Programmes (Bachelor's Degree)|
|Course Coordinator||Prof.Dr. Suat DİKEL|
Knowledge about freshwater fish species, learning about Culture techniques of inland fish species that cultured in Turkey and World wide
In this course , some of the cultured species as trot, tilapia, carps and some of the alternative species have been recognized and some details f culture techniques were investigated.
|1) Giving to knowledge about culture of fresh water fish species|
|2) Gives some knowledge about Trout, tilapia and carp fry productions|
|3) Assessment of growth performance in fish breeding is learned|
|4) Larviculture is learned|
|5) Production statistics related to inland water fish are learned worldwide|
|6) Broodstock management is learned|
|7) Hatchery technics and methods are learned|
|8) Salmon and trout culture are learned|
|9) Cyrinids culture are learned|
|10) Tialpia culture is learned|
|11) Pangasius culture are learned|
|12) Acipencer culture are learned|
|13) Aiternative species culture are learned|
|Course's Contribution To Program|
|No||Program Learning Outcomes||Contribution|
Having knowledge on natural and applied sciences and basic engineering; combination of their theoretical and practical knowledge on fisheries engineering applications.
2. Assessment of data scientifically on fisheries engineering, determining and solving the problems
3. Uses theoretical and practical knowledge in the field of fisheries to design; investigates and interprets events and phenomena usig scientific methods and techniques.
4. Collecting data in fisheries science, making the basic experimental studies, evaluating the results, identifying the problems and developing methods of solution
5. Having plan any study related to fisheries science as an individually, managing and consulting.
6.Learning the knowledge by the determining learning needs; developing positive attitude towards lifelong learning
7. Communicating oral and written in expertise field, monitoring the seminars and meeting in expertise field, following the foreign language publication.
8. Improving life-long learning attitude and using the information to the public interest.
9. Creating public awareness about fisheries and having the ability to ensure sustainable use of aquatic resources.
10. Communicating oral and written effectively, participating the seminars and meetings in expertise field, following the foreign language publications.
11. Using the informatics and communicating technology
12. Improves constantly itself , as well as professional development scientific, social, cultural and artistic fields according to his/her interests and abilities identifying needs of learning.
13. Gaining competence to determine the current status of aquatic resources and its sustainable use, water pollution and control, and biotechnology areas.
14. Having ability to promote the study about aquaculture techniques by saving the natural environment, fishery diseases, fishing and processing technology, structure of fishery sector, problems and solution of their expertise field
15. Ability to act in accordance with the regulation, social, scientific, cultural, and ethical values on fisheries field
|1||History of fish culture,||Reading sources related with course|
|2||Global and Turkish aquacultural statistics and new trends||Reading sources related with course|
|3||Inland fish culture in Turkey and EU.||Reading sources related with course|
|4||Industrial fish culture||Reading sources related with course|
|5||Culture Techniques||Reading sources related with course|
|6||Improvement in fish culture||Reading sources related with course|
|7||Investigation of fish growth parametes||Reading sources related with course|
|8||Mid-Term Exam||Preparation of exam|
|9||Trout culture||Reading sources related with course|
|10||Trout culture||Reading sources related with course|
|11||Tilapia culture||Reading sources related with course|
|12||Fish Grading||Reading sources related with course|
|13||Barramundi culture||Reading sources related with course|
|14||Culture of Stripped bass, Silver Australian perch||Reading sources related with course|
|15||Culture of Cyprinids, Grass carp, Chinese carp||Reading sources related with course|
|16-17||Term Exams||Preparation of exam||Testing|
|Recommended or Required Reading|