|Course Title||Code||Semester||L+P Hour||Credits||ECTS|
|Cage Aquaculture *||SUF 311||5||2||2||3|
|Prerequisites and co-requisites||yok|
|Recommended Optional Programme Components||None|
|Language of Instruction||Turkish|
|Course Level||First Cycle Programmes (Bachelor's Degree)|
|Course Coordinator||Prof. Dr. Suat DİKEL|
obtain to knowledge about aquacultural cage systems
Fish culture cage systems, and their building, aim of use the cage systems, maintanance and repeiring the cages and their design
|Course's Contribution To Program|
|No||Program Learning Outcomes||Contribution|
Having knowledge on natural and applied sciences and basic engineering; combination of their theoretical and practical knowledge on fisheries engineering applications.
2. Assessment of data scientifically on fisheries engineering, determining and solving the problems
3. Uses theoretical and practical knowledge in the field of fisheries to design; investigates and interprets events and phenomena usig scientific methods and techniques.
4. Collecting data in fisheries science, making the basic experimental studies, evaluating the results, identifying the problems and developing methods of solution
5. Having plan any study related to fisheries science as an individually, managing and consulting.
6.Learning the knowledge by the determining learning needs; developing positive attitude towards lifelong learning
7. Communicating oral and written in expertise field, monitoring the seminars and meeting in expertise field, following the foreign language publication.
8. Improving life-long learning attitude and using the information to the public interest.
9. Creating public awareness about fisheries and having the ability to ensure sustainable use of aquatic resources.
10. Communicating oral and written effectively, participating the seminars and meetings in expertise field, following the foreign language publications.
11. Using the informatics and communicating technology
12. Improves constantly itself , as well as professional development scientific, social, cultural and artistic fields according to his/her interests and abilities identifying needs of learning.
13. Gaining competence to determine the current status of aquatic resources and its sustainable use, water pollution and control, and biotechnology areas.
14. Having ability to promote the study about aquaculture techniques by saving the natural environment, fishery diseases, fishing and processing technology, structure of fishery sector, problems and solution of their expertise field
15. Ability to act in accordance with the regulation, social, scientific, cultural, and ethical values on fisheries field
|1||Cage systems history and their philosophy||Reading Literature|
|2||demonstration of the systems and their elements||Reading Literature|
|3||Cage systems specifics and classification||Reading Literature|
|4||Sample Cage systems||Reading Literature|
|5||Routine oprations on Cage systems||Reading Literature|
|6||cage and environment||Reading Literature|
|7||Cage culture of trout and tilapia||Reading Literature|
|8||Mid-Term Exam||Reading a course book related with course|
|9||Cage culture of Sea bass and sea bream||Reading Literature|
|10||Cage culture of tuna fish and some alternatives||Reading Literature|
|11||Home work presentations||Reading Literature|
|12||Home work presentations||Reading Literature|
|13||Home work presentations||Reading Literature|
|14||Home work presentations||Reading Literature|
|15||Home work presentations||Reading Literature|
|16-17||Term Exams||Reading a course book related with course|
|Recommended or Required Reading|