|Course Title||Code||Semester||L+P Hour||Credits||ECTS|
|Aquatic Weed Control Methods||SUF 314||6||2||2||3|
|Prerequisites and co-requisites||Yok|
|Recommended Optional Programme Components||None|
|Language of Instruction||Turkish|
|Course Level||First Cycle Programmes (Bachelor's Degree)|
|Course Coordinator||Prof.Dr. Münir Ziya Lugal GÖKSU|
Learn the methods of combating unwanted vegetation in wetlands.
Aquatic weed growth; function and classification of aquatic plants (emergent, floating leaved, submerged, single celled algae, filamentous algae); aquatic weed control techniques (mechanical, environmental, biological and chemical); special problems.
|1) Wetlands undesirable (harmful) identifies plants.|
|2) Examines the methods of struggle.|
|3) Examples of relevant analyzes|
|4) Methods to be applied in determining the skill will win the fight against|
|Course's Contribution To Program|
|No||Program Learning Outcomes||Contribution|
Having knowledge on natural and applied sciences and basic engineering; combination of their theoretical and practical knowledge on fisheries engineering applications.
2. Assessment of data scientifically on fisheries engineering, determining and solving the problems
3. Uses theoretical and practical knowledge in the field of fisheries to design; investigates and interprets events and phenomena usig scientific methods and techniques.
4. Collecting data in fisheries science, making the basic experimental studies, evaluating the results, identifying the problems and developing methods of solution
5. Having plan any study related to fisheries science as an individually, managing and consulting.
6.Learning the knowledge by the determining learning needs; developing positive attitude towards lifelong learning
7. Communicating oral and written in expertise field, monitoring the seminars and meeting in expertise field, following the foreign language publication.
8. Improving life-long learning attitude and using the information to the public interest.
9. Creating public awareness about fisheries and having the ability to ensure sustainable use of aquatic resources.
10. Communicating oral and written effectively, participating the seminars and meetings in expertise field, following the foreign language publications.
11. Using the informatics and communicating technology
12. Improves constantly itself , as well as professional development scientific, social, cultural and artistic fields according to his/her interests and abilities identifying needs of learning.
13. Gaining competence to determine the current status of aquatic resources and its sustainable use, water pollution and control, and biotechnology areas.
14. Having ability to promote the study about aquaculture techniques by saving the natural environment, fishery diseases, fishing and processing technology, structure of fishery sector, problems and solution of their expertise field
15. Ability to act in accordance with the regulation, social, scientific, cultural, and ethical values on fisheries field
|1||General information and promotion of course.||Read the relevant chapter in the book.|
|2||Advantages and disadvantages of aquatic plants, plant control methods.||Read the relevant chapter in the book.|
|3||Mechanical control methods.||Read the relevant chapter in the book.|
|4||Mechanical control methods.||Read the relevant chapter in the book.|
|5||Environmental control methods.||Read the relevant chapter in the book.|
|6||Environmental control methods.||Read the relevant chapter in the book.|
|7||Samples and evaluation.||Control methods will be reviewed in the book.|
|8||Midterm exam.||Study for midterm exam|
|9||Visual monitoring of the control methods.||Control methods will be reviewed in the book.|
|10||Evaluation and||Subjects studied|
|11||Biological control methods.||Read the relevant chapter in the book.|
|12||Biological control methods.||Read the relevant chapter in the book.|
|13||Chemical control methods.||Read the relevant chapter in the book|
|14||Chemical control methods.||Read the relevant chapter in the book.|
|15||Discussion, examples and evaluation.||Control methods will be reviewed in the book.|
|16-17||Final Exam||Study for final exam|
|Recommended or Required Reading|