|Course Title||Code||Semester||L+P Hour||Credits||ECTS|
|Diagnostic Methods in Fish Diseases *||SUF 316||6||1||2||3|
|Prerequisites and co-requisites||Yok|
|Recommended Optional Programme Components||None|
|Language of Instruction||Turkish|
|Course Level||First Cycle Programmes (Bachelor's Degree)|
|Course Coordinator||Prof.Dr. Aysel ŞAHAN|
The microbiologic, haematologic, parasitologic and histolologic diagnostic methods in used on fish diseases, laboratory researches for diagnostic aim.
The microbiologic, haematologic, parasitologic and histolologic diagnostic methods in used on fish diseases, laboratory researches for diagnostic aim. Also, autopsy technics on unhealthy fish, macroskobic investigations on fish and material supply technics for laboratory researches.
|Course's Contribution To Program|
|No||Program Learning Outcomes||Contribution|
Having knowledge on natural and applied sciences and basic engineering; combination of their theoretical and practical knowledge on fisheries engineering applications.
2. Assessment of data scientifically on fisheries engineering, determining and solving the problems
3. Uses theoretical and practical knowledge in the field of fisheries to design; investigates and interprets events and phenomena usig scientific methods and techniques.
4. Collecting data in fisheries science, making the basic experimental studies, evaluating the results, identifying the problems and developing methods of solution
5. Having plan any study related to fisheries science as an individually, managing and consulting.
6.Learning the knowledge by the determining learning needs; developing positive attitude towards lifelong learning
7. Communicating oral and written in expertise field, monitoring the seminars and meeting in expertise field, following the foreign language publication.
8. Improving life-long learning attitude and using the information to the public interest.
9. Creating public awareness about fisheries and having the ability to ensure sustainable use of aquatic resources.
10. Communicating oral and written effectively, participating the seminars and meetings in expertise field, following the foreign language publications.
11. Using the informatics and communicating technology
12. Improves constantly itself , as well as professional development scientific, social, cultural and artistic fields according to his/her interests and abilities identifying needs of learning.
13. Gaining competence to determine the current status of aquatic resources and its sustainable use, water pollution and control, and biotechnology areas.
14. Having ability to promote the study about aquaculture techniques by saving the natural environment, fishery diseases, fishing and processing technology, structure of fishery sector, problems and solution of their expertise field
15. Ability to act in accordance with the regulation, social, scientific, cultural, and ethical values on fisheries field
|1||Fish disease diagnostic laboratories must be in the device, the crew and equipment and their operating principles.||Research on devices and consumables used in laboratories malzelerle|
|2||Observation of the patient environment in which the fish for examination to the collection, handling laboratory environment.||Located in the vicinity of information about the diseases encountered in enterprises engaged in fish farming|
|3||Fish on the macroscopic and autopsy technique applications.||Learn about the anatomy and physiology of fish|
|4||Microbiological analysis of fish diseases and laboratory techniques should be applied.||General information about the microbiological laboratory analyzes|
|5||Types of bacteria that cause disease in fish and biology, laboratory studies for diagnosis.||Learn about parasitic diseases|
|6||Frequently encountered parasitic diseases in aquaculture species diagnosis applications.||General work on protozoan parasites|
|7||Endoparasitic protozoan parasites to the definition of some of the key studies and the use of such determination.||Search reading|
|8||The primary indicator, the importance of the health of the fish and some of the important haematological hematology concepts.||Fish hematology general information about the collection and previous studies made examination.|
|9||Mid-term exam||Repetition and reading lecture notes|
|10||Fish blood collection techniques and examination of some haematological parameters that may predict disease. Research on the subject of laboratory methods.||The importance of the circulatory system diseases in fish research and hematology Collecting information on.|
|11||Tissue damage caused by various reasons and that the fish pathogens comparison with normal tissues.||Investigation of histopathological studies in fish.|
|12||Histopathological examination of tissues for histology atlas of fish using histological techniques and the results and interpretation.||A live fish taken, and be dissected, and monitoring the position of healthy organs, as well as a study intended to recognize the bodies.|
|13||Prophylactic applications for protection of fish diseases.||Work on the main environmental factors that can cause disease in fish.|
|14||To improve disease resistance in fish, surveys, studies on the current use of articles and journals.||Fish diseases to investigate alternative herbal products that support the immune system.|
|15||General laboratory work, diagnostic procedures, the evaluation of students||Fish used in the major immunostimulatory araştrılması|
|16-17||Final exam||Repetition and reading lecture notes|
|Recommended or Required Reading|