|Course Title||Code||Semester||L+P Hour||Credits||ECTS|
|Plankton Communities of Turkish Seas *||SUF 320||6||2||2||3|
|Prerequisites and co-requisites|
|Recommended Optional Programme Components||None|
|Language of Instruction||Turkish|
|Course Level||First Cycle Programmes (Bachelor's Degree)|
|Course Coordinator||Prof.Dr. Sevim POLAT|
To know plankton communities of Turkish Seas, To gain knowledge about distribution of plankton communities, To understand the effects of hydrographic interactions among Turkish Seas on plankton communities.
In this course, characteristics of marine pelagic environment, general properties of Mediterranean, Aegean, Marmara and Black Sea, plankton studies in Turkish Seas, hydrographic interactions among Turkish Seas and their effects on plankton distribution are taught. Comparison of seas in terms of plankton diversity and abundance, climate change and plankton, importance of plankton in monitoring studies, monitoring studies in Turkish seas are also taught with current examples and demonstratations .
|Course's Contribution To Program|
|No||Program Learning Outcomes||Contribution|
Having knowledge on natural and applied sciences and basic engineering; combination of their theoretical and practical knowledge on fisheries engineering applications.
2. Assessment of data scientifically on fisheries engineering, determining and solving the problems
3. Uses theoretical and practical knowledge in the field of fisheries to design; investigates and interprets events and phenomena usig scientific methods and techniques.
4. Collecting data in fisheries science, making the basic experimental studies, evaluating the results, identifying the problems and developing methods of solution
5. Having plan any study related to fisheries science as an individually, managing and consulting.
6.Learning the knowledge by the determining learning needs; developing positive attitude towards lifelong learning
7. Communicating oral and written in expertise field, monitoring the seminars and meeting in expertise field, following the foreign language publication.
8. Improving life-long learning attitude and using the information to the public interest.
9. Creating public awareness about fisheries and having the ability to ensure sustainable use of aquatic resources.
10. Communicating oral and written effectively, participating the seminars and meetings in expertise field, following the foreign language publications.
11. Using the informatics and communicating technology
12. Improves constantly itself , as well as professional development scientific, social, cultural and artistic fields according to his/her interests and abilities identifying needs of learning.
13. Gaining competence to determine the current status of aquatic resources and its sustainable use, water pollution and control, and biotechnology areas.
14. Having ability to promote the study about aquaculture techniques by saving the natural environment, fishery diseases, fishing and processing technology, structure of fishery sector, problems and solution of their expertise field
15. Ability to act in accordance with the regulation, social, scientific, cultural, and ethical values on fisheries field
|1||Characteristics of marine and pelagic environment||Reading the information related the course|
|2||Marine phytoplankton and zooplankton groups||Reading the lecture notes and related resources|
|3||General properties, nutrient levels and trophic status of the Mediterranean||Reading the lecture notes and related resources|
|4||General properties, nutrient levels and trophic status of the Black Sea||Reading the lecture notes and related resources|
|5||General properties, nutrient levels and trophic status of the Aegean Sea||Reading the lecture notes and related resources|
|6||General properties, nutrient levels and trophic status of the||Reading the lecture notes and related resources|
|7||Chronology of plankton studies in Turkish Seas||Reading the lecture notes and related resources|
|8||Midterm exam||Study for midterm exam|
|9||Chronology of plankton studies in Turkish Seas||Reading the lecture notes and related resources|
|10||Hydrographic interactions among Turkish seas and effects on plankton distribution||Reading the lecture notes and related resources, preparation of homework|
|11||Comparison of Turkish seas in term of plankton diversity and abundance||Reading the lecture notes and related resources, preparation of homework|
|12||Comparison of Turkish seas in term of plankton diversity and abundance||Reading the lecture notes and related resources|
|13||Overincrease of plankton and results||Reading the lecture notes and related resources|
|14||Climatic changes and importance of plankton in monitoring studies||Reading the lecture notes and related resources|
|15||Monitoring studies conducted in Turkish seas||Reading the lecture notes and related resources|
|16-17||Final exam||Study for final exam|
|Recommended or Required Reading|
Polat, S. Türkiye Denizleri Plankton Toplulukları Ders Notları.