|Course Title||Code||Semester||L+P Hour||Credits||ECTS|
|Fish Feed Technology||SUF 325||5||2||2||3|
|Prerequisites and co-requisites||Yok|
|Recommended Optional Programme Components||None|
|Language of Instruction||Turkish|
|Course Level||First Cycle Programmes (Bachelor's Degree)|
|Course Coordinator||Prof.Dr. Orhan Tufan EROLDOĞAN|
The aim of the course is to prove students a general overview on fish feed technology, diet types, basic and complex raw ingredients, to analyse and evaluate feed formulation, to determine feed formulation for different culture species, to associate basic nutrition and alternative protein and lipid soruces.
Definition of feed, classification of feeds, pellet diets, expended diets, extruder diets, feed ingredients, production and feed analysis, storage of feed protein sources of animal origin, protein and lipid sources, single-cell proteins, other ingredients, feed characteristics and digestibility, basic feed formulation, alternative protein and lipid sources.
|1) Determine problems about the fish feed technology and assess the solutions|
|2) Analyze and project an idea and classify sustainable solutions|
|3) Develope a project properly with teamwork|
|Course's Contribution To Program|
|No||Program Learning Outcomes||Contribution|
Having knowledge on natural and applied sciences and basic engineering; combination of their theoretical and practical knowledge on fisheries engineering applications.
2. Assessment of data scientifically on fisheries engineering, determining and solving the problems
3. Uses theoretical and practical knowledge in the field of fisheries to design; investigates and interprets events and phenomena usig scientific methods and techniques.
4. Collecting data in fisheries science, making the basic experimental studies, evaluating the results, identifying the problems and developing methods of solution
5. Having plan any study related to fisheries science as an individually, managing and consulting.
6.Learning the knowledge by the determining learning needs; developing positive attitude towards lifelong learning
7. Communicating oral and written in expertise field, monitoring the seminars and meeting in expertise field, following the foreign language publication.
8. Improving life-long learning attitude and using the information to the public interest.
9. Creating public awareness about fisheries and having the ability to ensure sustainable use of aquatic resources.
10. Communicating oral and written effectively, participating the seminars and meetings in expertise field, following the foreign language publications.
11. Using the informatics and communicating technology
12. Improves constantly itself , as well as professional development scientific, social, cultural and artistic fields according to his/her interests and abilities identifying needs of learning.
13. Gaining competence to determine the current status of aquatic resources and its sustainable use, water pollution and control, and biotechnology areas.
14. Having ability to promote the study about aquaculture techniques by saving the natural environment, fishery diseases, fishing and processing technology, structure of fishery sector, problems and solution of their expertise field
15. Ability to act in accordance with the regulation, social, scientific, cultural, and ethical values on fisheries field
|1||Definition of feed||Course notes, presentation and home work||Discussion|
|2||Classification of feeds, pellet diets, expended diets, extruder diets I||Course notes, presentation and home work||Discussion|
|3||Classification of feeds, pellet diets, expended diets, extruder diets II||Course notes, presentation and home work||Discussion|
|4||Feed ingredients||Home work and group discusion||Discussion|
|5||Production and feed analysis,||Course notes, presentation and home work||Discussion|
|6||Protein sources of animal origin, protein and lipid sources||Home work and group work||Discussion|
|7||Single-cell proteins, other ingredients,||presentation,home work and group work||Discussion|
|8||Mid-Term Exam||Course notes, presentation|
|9||Feed characteristics and digestibility||Home work and group discusion||Discussion|
|10||Feed formulation I||Course notes and presentation||Discussion|
|11||Feed formulation II||Home work and group discusion||Discussion|
|12||Feed formulation III||Home work and group discusion||Discussion|
|13||Alternative protein sources||Home work and group discusion||Discussion|
|14||Alternativelipid sources I||Course notes, presentation and home work||Discussion|
|15||Alternative lipid sources II||Course notes, presentation and home work||Discussion|
|16-17||Term Exams||Course notes, presentation and home works|
|Recommended or Required Reading|