|Course Title||Code||Semester||L+P Hour||Credits||ECTS|
|Maritime Law and Fisheries Regulations||SUF 326||6||2||2||3|
|Prerequisites and co-requisites||ALAN İÇİ SEÇMELİ DERSLER|
|Recommended Optional Programme Components||None|
|Language of Instruction||Turkish|
|Course Level||First Cycle Programmes (Bachelor's Degree)|
|Course Coordinator||Asst.Prof.Dr. Hacer YELDAN|
Explanation and definition of fisheries and maritime regulations
Hierarchical structure of regulations, Fisheries regulation section 1-2, Fisheries regulation section 3-4, Fisheries regulation section 5-6, Fisheries regulation section 7-8-9, Fisheries sub-regulation-1, Fisheries sub-regulation-2, Aquaculture sub-regulation-1, Aquaculture sub-regulation-2, Fisheries circular, structure of governmental institutions, maritime trade regulations, maritime institutional regulations.
|1) Definition of hierarchical structure of regulations|
|2) Explanation of fisheries regulation|
|3) Explanation of fisheries sub-regulations|
|4) Explanation of aquaculture sub-regulations|
|5) Definition of maritime regulations|
|Course's Contribution To Program|
|No||Program Learning Outcomes||Contribution|
Having knowledge on natural and applied sciences and basic engineering; combination of their theoretical and practical knowledge on fisheries engineering applications.
2. Assessment of data scientifically on fisheries engineering, determining and solving the problems
3. Uses theoretical and practical knowledge in the field of fisheries to design; investigates and interprets events and phenomena usig scientific methods and techniques.
4. Collecting data in fisheries science, making the basic experimental studies, evaluating the results, identifying the problems and developing methods of solution
5. Having plan any study related to fisheries science as an individually, managing and consulting.
6.Learning the knowledge by the determining learning needs; developing positive attitude towards lifelong learning
7. Communicating oral and written in expertise field, monitoring the seminars and meeting in expertise field, following the foreign language publication.
8. Improving life-long learning attitude and using the information to the public interest.
9. Creating public awareness about fisheries and having the ability to ensure sustainable use of aquatic resources.
10. Communicating oral and written effectively, participating the seminars and meetings in expertise field, following the foreign language publications.
11. Using the informatics and communicating technology
12. Improves constantly itself , as well as professional development scientific, social, cultural and artistic fields according to his/her interests and abilities identifying needs of learning.
13. Gaining competence to determine the current status of aquatic resources and its sustainable use, water pollution and control, and biotechnology areas.
14. Having ability to promote the study about aquaculture techniques by saving the natural environment, fishery diseases, fishing and processing technology, structure of fishery sector, problems and solution of their expertise field
15. Ability to act in accordance with the regulation, social, scientific, cultural, and ethical values on fisheries field
|1||Hierarchical structure of regulations||Reading related chapter|
|2||Fisheries regulation section 1-2||Reading related chapter|
|3||Fisheries regulation section 3-4||Reading related chapter|
|4||Fisheries regulation section 5-6||Reading related chapter|
|5||Fisheries regulation section 7-8-9||Reading related chapter|
|6||Fisheries sub-regulation-1||Reading related chapter|
|7||Fisheries sub-regulation-2||Reading related chapter|
|9||Aquaculture sub-regulation-1||Reading related chapter|
|10||Aquaculture sub-regulation-2||Reading related chapter|
|11||Fisheries circular-1||Reading related chapter||Testing|
|12||Fisheries circular-2||Reading related chapter|
|13||Structure of governmental institutions||Reading related chapter|
|14||Maritime trade regulations||Reading related chapter|
|15||Maritime institutional regulations||Reading related chapter|
|Recommended or Required Reading|
Su ürünleri yasası, su ürünleri yönetmeliği, yetiştiricilik yönetmeliği