|Course Title||Code||Semester||L+P Hour||Credits||ECTS|
|Shipping and navigate||SUF 327||5||1||2||3|
|Prerequisites and co-requisites|
|Recommended Optional Programme Components||None|
|Language of Instruction||Turkish|
|Course Level||First Cycle Programmes (Bachelor's Degree)|
|Course Coordinator||Assoc.Prof.Dr. Caner Enver ÖZYURT|
With the scope of this course; boating terms, boat direction, rope and boating knots, navigation tools, navigational aids and berthing and unberthing maneuvers will be investigated.
To obtain basic information about navigation and boating, and to evaluate and use this information in the maritime field.
|1) Know navigation terms.|
|2) Find a position known on the sea map.|
|3) Calculate the distance between two positions.|
|4) Know berthing and unberthing maneuvers|
|Course's Contribution To Program|
|No||Program Learning Outcomes||Contribution|
Having knowledge on natural and applied sciences and basic engineering; combination of their theoretical and practical knowledge on fisheries engineering applications.
2. Assessment of data scientifically on fisheries engineering, determining and solving the problems
3. Uses theoretical and practical knowledge in the field of fisheries to design; investigates and interprets events and phenomena usig scientific methods and techniques.
4. Collecting data in fisheries science, making the basic experimental studies, evaluating the results, identifying the problems and developing methods of solution
5. Having plan any study related to fisheries science as an individually, managing and consulting.
6.Learning the knowledge by the determining learning needs; developing positive attitude towards lifelong learning
7. Communicating oral and written in expertise field, monitoring the seminars and meeting in expertise field, following the foreign language publication.
8. Improving life-long learning attitude and using the information to the public interest.
9. Creating public awareness about fisheries and having the ability to ensure sustainable use of aquatic resources.
10. Communicating oral and written effectively, participating the seminars and meetings in expertise field, following the foreign language publications.
11. Using the informatics and communicating technology
12. Improves constantly itself , as well as professional development scientific, social, cultural and artistic fields according to his/her interests and abilities identifying needs of learning.
13. Gaining competence to determine the current status of aquatic resources and its sustainable use, water pollution and control, and biotechnology areas.
14. Having ability to promote the study about aquaculture techniques by saving the natural environment, fishery diseases, fishing and processing technology, structure of fishery sector, problems and solution of their expertise field
15. Ability to act in accordance with the regulation, social, scientific, cultural, and ethical values on fisheries field
|1||General information||Reading the lecture notes and related resources|
|2||Boating terms||Reading the lecture notes and related resources|
|3||Boat direction||Reading the lecture notes and related resources|
|4||Rope and boating knots 1||Reading the lecture notes and related resources|
|5||Rope and boating knots 2||Reading the lecture notes and related resources|
|6||Factors affecting maneuver 1||Reading the lecture notes and related resources|
|7||Factors affecting maneuver 2||Reading the lecture notes and related resources|
|9||Factors affecting maneuver 1||Reading the lecture notes and related resources|
|10||Berthing and unberting 1||Reading the lecture notes and related resources|
|11||Berthing and unberting 2||Reading the lecture notes and related resources|
|12||Berthing and unberting 3||Reading the lecture notes and related resources|
|13||Navigation tools||Reading the lecture notes and related resources|
|14||Navigational aids 1||Reading the lecture notes and related resources|
|15||Navigational aids 2||Reading the lecture notes and related resources|
|Recommended or Required Reading|