|Course Title||Code||Semester||L+P Hour||Credits||ECTS|
|Fisheries Management||SUF 410||8||2||2||3|
|Prerequisites and co-requisites||Yok|
|Recommended Optional Programme Components||None|
|Language of Instruction||Turkish|
|Course Level||First Cycle Programmes (Bachelor's Degree)|
|Course Coordinator||Asst.Prof.Dr. Hacer YELDAN|
The aim of this course is to be informed about the fish stocks and aquatic ecosystem, the target of the fisheries management, general improving trend in fisheries and its evaluating, fisheries and models, data sources, fisheries fleet, over fishing, theory of growth, fluctuations on stock, optimal fishery, management in fish stocks, theoretical basis in fisheries management, fisheries management models, techniques and strategies.
Purpose of Fisheries Management, Evaluation of Fisheries Management, Fisheries and Models, Fisheries Data, Fisheries Fillet, Overfishing, Flactuations of Stocks and Optimum Fishing, Management of Fish Stocks, Fishing Regulations
|1) He/She indicates the present status of fishing activity on the fish stocks|
|2) He/She identifies the models applying on the management of fish stocks holistic or analitic|
|3) He/She lists the data requirements of models using fish stock management|
|4) He/She expresses the participators of fisheries management|
|5) He/She identifes the requirements way for the fisheries management|
|6) He/She distinguishes the appropriate techniques for fisheries management|
|Course's Contribution To Program|
|No||Program Learning Outcomes||Contribution|
Having knowledge on natural and applied sciences and basic engineering; combination of their theoretical and practical knowledge on fisheries engineering applications.
2. Assessment of data scientifically on fisheries engineering, determining and solving the problems
3. Uses theoretical and practical knowledge in the field of fisheries to design; investigates and interprets events and phenomena usig scientific methods and techniques.
4. Collecting data in fisheries science, making the basic experimental studies, evaluating the results, identifying the problems and developing methods of solution
5. Having plan any study related to fisheries science as an individually, managing and consulting.
6.Learning the knowledge by the determining learning needs; developing positive attitude towards lifelong learning
7. Communicating oral and written in expertise field, monitoring the seminars and meeting in expertise field, following the foreign language publication.
8. Improving life-long learning attitude and using the information to the public interest.
9. Creating public awareness about fisheries and having the ability to ensure sustainable use of aquatic resources.
10. Communicating oral and written effectively, participating the seminars and meetings in expertise field, following the foreign language publications.
11. Using the informatics and communicating technology
12. Improves constantly itself , as well as professional development scientific, social, cultural and artistic fields according to his/her interests and abilities identifying needs of learning.
13. Gaining competence to determine the current status of aquatic resources and its sustainable use, water pollution and control, and biotechnology areas.
14. Having ability to promote the study about aquaculture techniques by saving the natural environment, fishery diseases, fishing and processing technology, structure of fishery sector, problems and solution of their expertise field
15. Ability to act in accordance with the regulation, social, scientific, cultural, and ethical values on fisheries field
|1||Purpse and Targets of Fisheries Management||Fisheries Management Notes, pages 1-10 will have been read||Lecture|
|2||Evaluation of Fisheries||Fisheries Management Notes, pages 10-19 will have been read||Lecture|
|3||Fisheries and Models||Fisheries Management Notes, pages 19-26 will have been read||Lecture|
|4||Commercil Fisheries data||Fisheries Management Notes, pages 27-44 will have been read||Lecture|
|5||Data from Research Fisheries||Fisheries Management Notes, pages 45-52 will have been read||Lecture|
|6||Fisheries Fillet||Fisheries Management Notes, pages 53-65 will have been read||Lecture|
|7||Overfishing||Fisheries Management Notes, pages 66-74 will have been read||Lecture|
|8||Visa Exam||Study for Visa Exam|
|9||Flactuations in Stocks and Optimum Fishing||Fisheries Management Notes, pages 75-84 will have been read||Lecture|
|10||Fisheries Management and Models||Fisheries Management Notes, pages 85-92 will have been read||Lecture|
|11||Yield per Recruitement Model of Beverton and Holt||Fisheries Management Notes, pages 93-100 will have been read||Lecture|
|12||Fish Stock Management||Fisheries Management Notes, pages 104-112 will have been read||Lecture|
|13||Application of Theory in Fisheries Management||Fisheries Management Notes, pages 113-130 will have been read||Lecture|
|14||Fisheries Regulation Strategies||Fisheries Management Notes, pages 131-136 will have been read||Lecture|
|15||Fisheries Management Techniques||Fisheries Management Notes, pages 136-148 will have been read||Lecture|
|Recommended or Required Reading|
Ders Notu ve KitaplarDiger Kaynaklar