|Course Title||Code||Semester||L+P Hour||Credits||ECTS|
|Planning and equipment of processing units||SUF 417||7||1||2||3|
|Prerequisites and co-requisites|
|Recommended Optional Programme Components||None|
|Language of Instruction||Turkish|
|Course Level||First Cycle Programmes (Bachelor's Degree)|
|Course Coordinator||Prof.Dr. Mehmet ÇELİK|
This course aims to evaluate our food resources well and to process them according to food HACCEP rules that will not harm human health.
Products for rendering beside packing and shipment processes, ready to be processed and marketed in different rooms according to product acceptance, product cleaning, freezing, processing, etc., from aquatic products processing units
|1) Planning and implementation|
|2) Quality assessment|
|3) Assessment of conformity to the law|
|4) Application of processing techniques|
|5) Actions to prevent food poisoning|
|6) Product quality classification|
|9) Cooling and storage|
|11) Degustation tests|
|12) Product shipping|
|13) Cleaning and control|
|14) Drawing and planning|
|Course's Contribution To Program|
|No||Program Learning Outcomes||Contribution|
Having knowledge on natural and applied sciences and basic engineering; combination of their theoretical and practical knowledge on fisheries engineering applications.
2. Assessment of data scientifically on fisheries engineering, determining and solving the problems
3. Uses theoretical and practical knowledge in the field of fisheries to design; investigates and interprets events and phenomena usig scientific methods and techniques.
4. Collecting data in fisheries science, making the basic experimental studies, evaluating the results, identifying the problems and developing methods of solution
5. Having plan any study related to fisheries science as an individually, managing and consulting.
6.Learning the knowledge by the determining learning needs; developing positive attitude towards lifelong learning
7. Communicating oral and written in expertise field, monitoring the seminars and meeting in expertise field, following the foreign language publication.
8. Improving life-long learning attitude and using the information to the public interest.
9. Creating public awareness about fisheries and having the ability to ensure sustainable use of aquatic resources.
10. Communicating oral and written effectively, participating the seminars and meetings in expertise field, following the foreign language publications.
11. Using the informatics and communicating technology
12. Improves constantly itself , as well as professional development scientific, social, cultural and artistic fields according to his/her interests and abilities identifying needs of learning.
13. Gaining competence to determine the current status of aquatic resources and its sustainable use, water pollution and control, and biotechnology areas.
14. Having ability to promote the study about aquaculture techniques by saving the natural environment, fishery diseases, fishing and processing technology, structure of fishery sector, problems and solution of their expertise field
15. Ability to act in accordance with the regulation, social, scientific, cultural, and ethical values on fisheries field
|1||General introduction to processing||Narration, question and answer||Lecture|
|2||Formal traditional unit display||Expression, demonstration, brain storm||Lecture|
|3||Explanation of the differences of the units according to their processing styles||Expression, demonstration, brain storm|
|4||Cooling systems||Expression, demonstration, brain storm|
|5||The importance of cooling units||Expression, demonstration, brain storm|
|6||Worker supervision||Expression, demonstration, brain storm|
|7||Control and cleanliness of work areas||Expression, demonstration, brain storm|
|8||midterm exam||midterm exam|
|9||Product classification||Expression, demonstration, brain storm|
|10||Gas systems||Expression, demonstration, brain storm|
|11||Freezing processes||Expression, demonstration, brain storm|
|12||Other processing operations and related storage operations||Expression, demonstration, brain storm|
|13||Storage of product residues||Expression, demonstration, brain storm|
|14||rendering proces||Expression, demonstration, brain storm|
|15||marketing||Expression, demonstration, brain storm|
|16-17||written examination||written examination||Testing|
|Recommended or Required Reading|