|Course Title||Code||Semester||L+P Hour||Credits||ECTS|
|Fish Nutrition Physiology and Biochemistry||SUF 419||7||1||2||3|
|Prerequisites and co-requisites||Baliklardaki sindirim asamalarini açiklar|
|Recommended Optional Programme Components||None|
|Language of Instruction||Turkish|
|Course Level||First Cycle Programmes (Bachelor's Degree)|
|Course Coordinator||Assoc.Prof.Dr. Oğuz TAŞBOZAN|
Students explain the metabolism and its principles
|1) Students explain the relationship between the digestive and fish feed|
|2) Students make training for digestive and fish feed|
|3) Students make training for sensory and feed intake|
|Course's Contribution To Program|
|No||Program Learning Outcomes||Contribution|
Having knowledge on natural and applied sciences and basic engineering; combination of their theoretical and practical knowledge on fisheries engineering applications.
2. Assessment of data scientifically on fisheries engineering, determining and solving the problems
3. Uses theoretical and practical knowledge in the field of fisheries to design; investigates and interprets events and phenomena usig scientific methods and techniques.
4. Collecting data in fisheries science, making the basic experimental studies, evaluating the results, identifying the problems and developing methods of solution
5. Having plan any study related to fisheries science as an individually, managing and consulting.
6.Learning the knowledge by the determining learning needs; developing positive attitude towards lifelong learning
7. Communicating oral and written in expertise field, monitoring the seminars and meeting in expertise field, following the foreign language publication.
8. Improving life-long learning attitude and using the information to the public interest.
9. Creating public awareness about fisheries and having the ability to ensure sustainable use of aquatic resources.
10. Communicating oral and written effectively, participating the seminars and meetings in expertise field, following the foreign language publications.
11. Using the informatics and communicating technology
12. Improves constantly itself , as well as professional development scientific, social, cultural and artistic fields according to his/her interests and abilities identifying needs of learning.
13. Gaining competence to determine the current status of aquatic resources and its sustainable use, water pollution and control, and biotechnology areas.
14. Having ability to promote the study about aquaculture techniques by saving the natural environment, fishery diseases, fishing and processing technology, structure of fishery sector, problems and solution of their expertise field
15. Ability to act in accordance with the regulation, social, scientific, cultural, and ethical values on fisheries field
|1||The basic concepts about the physiology and biochemistry of fish feeding||Pre-reading||Lecture|
|2||Digestion and fish feed and laboratory||Pre-reading and laboratory preperations||Lecture|
|3||Sensory and feed intake (capture) organs and laboratory||Pre-reading and laboratory preperations||Lecture|
|4||The importance and fuctions of the digestive organs and liver and laboratory||Pre-reading and laboratory preperations||Lecture|
|5||Digestive processes in Fish (physical, chemical, enzymatic, absorption)||Pre-reading, literature study, homework||Lecture|
|6||Control and regulation of digestion||Pre-reading, literature study,||Lecture|
|7||Fish nutrition physiology in larval stage||Pre-reading, literature study,||Lecture|
|8||Midterm exam||Pre-reading and studying course notes||Testing|
|9||The role of proteins in digestion and their physiology||Pre-reading, literature study,||Lecture|
|10||The role of lipids in digestion and their physiology||Pre-reading, literature study,||Lecture|
|11||The role of nucleic acids in digestion and their physiology||Pre-reading, literature study, homework||Lecture|
|12||The role of carbohydrates in digestion and their physiology||Pre-reading and laboratory preperations||Lecture|
|13||Enzymes and enzymatic reactions||Pre-reading, literature study,||Lecture|
|14||Metabolism and Principles||Pre-reading, literature study,||Lecture|
|15||Carbohydrate, lipid and amino acid metabolism||Pre-reading, literature study,||Lecture|
|16-17||Final exam||Pre-rading and studying course notes||Testing|
|Recommended or Required Reading|
Recommended Course Material(s)