|Course Title||Code||Semester||L+P Hour||Credits||ECTS|
|Food Chemistry *||SUF 420||8||2||2||3|
|Prerequisites and co-requisites||Yok|
|Recommended Optional Programme Components||None|
|Language of Instruction||Turkish|
|Course Level||First Cycle Programmes (Bachelor's Degree)|
|Course Coordinator||Prof.Dr. Abdurahman POLAT|
Teaching on the basic chemical composition and spesification of foods (mainly seafood) which are important in human nutrition
Food, proximate composition of food, water in food and its importance, nature of water in food, water activity and its importance in food storage, emulsions, mailard reaktions, chemical structure and ratios of protein, lipid and carbohydrate in food, essential amino acids and fatty acids in nutrition, lipit oxidation, chemical structure of vitamins in food, food additives, contamination in food
|Course's Contribution To Program|
|No||Program Learning Outcomes||Contribution|
Having knowledge on natural and applied sciences and basic engineering; combination of their theoretical and practical knowledge on fisheries engineering applications.
2. Assessment of data scientifically on fisheries engineering, determining and solving the problems
3. Uses theoretical and practical knowledge in the field of fisheries to design; investigates and interprets events and phenomena usig scientific methods and techniques.
4. Collecting data in fisheries science, making the basic experimental studies, evaluating the results, identifying the problems and developing methods of solution
5. Having plan any study related to fisheries science as an individually, managing and consulting.
6.Learning the knowledge by the determining learning needs; developing positive attitude towards lifelong learning
7. Communicating oral and written in expertise field, monitoring the seminars and meeting in expertise field, following the foreign language publication.
8. Improving life-long learning attitude and using the information to the public interest.
9. Creating public awareness about fisheries and having the ability to ensure sustainable use of aquatic resources.
10. Communicating oral and written effectively, participating the seminars and meetings in expertise field, following the foreign language publications.
11. Using the informatics and communicating technology
12. Improves constantly itself , as well as professional development scientific, social, cultural and artistic fields according to his/her interests and abilities identifying needs of learning.
13. Gaining competence to determine the current status of aquatic resources and its sustainable use, water pollution and control, and biotechnology areas.
14. Having ability to promote the study about aquaculture techniques by saving the natural environment, fishery diseases, fishing and processing technology, structure of fishery sector, problems and solution of their expertise field
15. Ability to act in accordance with the regulation, social, scientific, cultural, and ethical values on fisheries field
|1||Introduction||Reading the related information on the course subject|
|2||Description of food, homework||Reading the corse notes and related information|
|3||Water content of sea food and oters, water typs, relation between water activity and spoilage||Reading the corse notes and related information, study for homework|
|4||Protein and amino acid content of sea food and others, homework||Reading the corse notes and related information, study for homework|
|5||Aminoacid contents of food and essential amino acids in human, homework||Reading the corse notes and related information, study for homework|
|6||Mailard reaction, spoilage of protein, denaturation and oxidation, homework||Reading the corse notes and related information, study for homework|
|7||fat contents of sea food and others, chemical structure of fatty acids, omega 3 fatty acids||Reading the corse notes and related information.|
|8||Midterm exam||Study for midterm exam|
|9||Cis and trans fatty acids, classification of seafoods in terms of their fat contents||Reading the corse notes and related information, study for homework|
|10||The importance of omega 3 fatty acids||Reading the corse notes and related information.|
|11||Carbohydrate content of some foods, chemical spesification of glycose||Reading the corse notes and related information, study for homework|
|12||Amylose, amylopectin, vitamins in foods||Reading the corse notes and related information.|
|13||Emulsions, Food additives||Reading the corse notes and related information.|
|14||Food contaminants||Reading the corse notes and related information, study for homework|
|15||Evaluation of homework||Reading the corse notes and related information, study for homework|
|16-17||Final exam||Study for final exam|
|Recommended or Required Reading|