|Course Title||Code||Semester||L+P Hour||Credits||ECTS|
|Inland Fisheries and Management||SUF 421||7||2||2||3|
|Prerequisites and co-requisites|
|Recommended Optional Programme Components||None|
|Language of Instruction||Turkish|
|Course Level||First Cycle Programmes (Bachelor's Degree)|
|Course Coordinator||Assoc.Prof.Dr. Caner Enver ÖZYURT|
To obtain basic information about navigation and meteorology, and to evaluate and use this information in the maritime field.
With the scope of this course, marine navigation types, element of the reference coordinate system, distance calculation, navigating passing through the speciphic position, finding fix positions during cruise will be investigated.
|1) Recognizes the types of inland water.|
|2) Knows the parameters that affect the size of the fish population|
|3) Recognizes fishing gear used inland waters.|
|Course's Contribution To Program|
|No||Program Learning Outcomes||Contribution|
Having knowledge on natural and applied sciences and basic engineering; combination of their theoretical and practical knowledge on fisheries engineering applications.
2. Assessment of data scientifically on fisheries engineering, determining and solving the problems
3. Uses theoretical and practical knowledge in the field of fisheries to design; investigates and interprets events and phenomena usig scientific methods and techniques.
4. Collecting data in fisheries science, making the basic experimental studies, evaluating the results, identifying the problems and developing methods of solution
5. Having plan any study related to fisheries science as an individually, managing and consulting.
6.Learning the knowledge by the determining learning needs; developing positive attitude towards lifelong learning
7. Communicating oral and written in expertise field, monitoring the seminars and meeting in expertise field, following the foreign language publication.
8. Improving life-long learning attitude and using the information to the public interest.
9. Creating public awareness about fisheries and having the ability to ensure sustainable use of aquatic resources.
10. Communicating oral and written effectively, participating the seminars and meetings in expertise field, following the foreign language publications.
11. Using the informatics and communicating technology
12. Improves constantly itself , as well as professional development scientific, social, cultural and artistic fields according to his/her interests and abilities identifying needs of learning.
13. Gaining competence to determine the current status of aquatic resources and its sustainable use, water pollution and control, and biotechnology areas.
14. Having ability to promote the study about aquaculture techniques by saving the natural environment, fishery diseases, fishing and processing technology, structure of fishery sector, problems and solution of their expertise field
15. Ability to act in accordance with the regulation, social, scientific, cultural, and ethical values on fisheries field
|1||Fisheries Statistics on Inland Water||Reading the lecture notes and related resources|
|2||Types of Inland Waters (Lakes)||Reading the lecture notes and related resources|
|3||Types of Inland Waters (Rivers)||Reading the lecture notes and related resources|
|4||Types of Inland Waters (Costal lagoons)||Reading the lecture notes and related resources|
|5||Fish population in different types of inland waters||Reading the lecture notes and related resources|
|6||The size structure of fish population||Reading the lecture notes and related resources|
|7||Reproduction, growth and mortality on fish population 1||Reading the lecture notes and related resources|
|9||Reproduction, growth and mortality on fish population 2||Reading the lecture notes and related resources|
|10||The fisherman in society||Reading the lecture notes and related resources|
|11||Fishing gears and techniques 1||Reading the lecture notes and related resources|
|12||Fishing gears and techniques 2||Reading the lecture notes and related resources|
|13||Fish utilisation||Reading the lecture notes and related resources|
|14||Student Presentations||Reading the lecture notes and related resources|
|15||Student Presantations||Reading the lecture notes and related resources|
|Recommended or Required Reading|