|Course Title||Code||Semester||L+P Hour||Credits||ECTS|
|Artificial Habitats and Their Using in Fisheries Management||SUF 422||8||2||2||3|
|Prerequisites and co-requisites||Yapay habitat insasinda kullanilan malzemeleri ve tasarim ilkelerini açiklayabilir|
|Recommended Optional Programme Components||None|
|Language of Instruction||Turkish|
|Course Level||First Cycle Programmes (Bachelor's Degree)|
|Course Coordinator||Prof.Dr. Gökhan GÖKÇE|
To introduce artificial habitat technologies and applications in Turkey and the world. T o explain how to use artificial habitats in fisheries management.
Classifications and desciptions of artificial habitats, artificial reefs and floating artificial reefs applications in Turkey and the world, the importance of planning, planning stages, construction materials and design criterias, effects of environmental factors to artificial reefs, artificial habitat ecology, place of artificial reefs in fisheries management.
|1) To be able to explain design prenciple and materials used in constructing artificial habitats|
|2) To be able to solve some problems in fisheries management using artificial habitats technology|
|3) To be able to design an artificial habitat|
|4) To be able to do lists of applications of artificial reef in Turkey and the world|
|5) To be able to design a research on artificial habitats|
|Course's Contribution To Program|
|No||Program Learning Outcomes||Contribution|
Having knowledge on natural and applied sciences and basic engineering; combination of their theoretical and practical knowledge on fisheries engineering applications.
2. Assessment of data scientifically on fisheries engineering, determining and solving the problems
3. Uses theoretical and practical knowledge in the field of fisheries to design; investigates and interprets events and phenomena usig scientific methods and techniques.
4. Collecting data in fisheries science, making the basic experimental studies, evaluating the results, identifying the problems and developing methods of solution
5. Having plan any study related to fisheries science as an individually, managing and consulting.
6.Learning the knowledge by the determining learning needs; developing positive attitude towards lifelong learning
7. Communicating oral and written in expertise field, monitoring the seminars and meeting in expertise field, following the foreign language publication.
8. Improving life-long learning attitude and using the information to the public interest.
9. Creating public awareness about fisheries and having the ability to ensure sustainable use of aquatic resources.
10. Communicating oral and written effectively, participating the seminars and meetings in expertise field, following the foreign language publications.
11. Using the informatics and communicating technology
12. Improves constantly itself , as well as professional development scientific, social, cultural and artistic fields according to his/her interests and abilities identifying needs of learning.
13. Gaining competence to determine the current status of aquatic resources and its sustainable use, water pollution and control, and biotechnology areas.
14. Having ability to promote the study about aquaculture techniques by saving the natural environment, fishery diseases, fishing and processing technology, structure of fishery sector, problems and solution of their expertise field
15. Ability to act in accordance with the regulation, social, scientific, cultural, and ethical values on fisheries field
|1||Terminology of Artificial Habitat (AR)||Reading lecture notes||Lecture|
|2||AR applications in the World and Turkey||Reading lecture notes||Lecture|
|3||Floating artificial reefs and their use fisheries||Reading lecture notes||Lecture|
|4||Construction materials (primary materials)||Reading lecture notes||Lecture|
|5||Construction materials (secondary materials)||Reading lecture notes||Lecture|
|6||Environmental factors which effect AR design||Reading lecture notes||Lecture|
|7||Biologic factors which effect AR design||Reading lecture notes||Lecture|
|8||Midterm||Study for exam||Testing|
|9||Possibilities of use of AR in problem solving in fisheries and project presentation||Reading lecture notes and prepare of presentation||Lecture|
|10||AR ecology||Reading lecture notes||Lecture|
|11||AR ecology and project presentation||Reading lecture notes and prepare of presentation||Lecture|
|12||AR research methodologies||Reading lecture notes||Lecture|
|13||AR research methodologies||Reading lecture notes||Lecture|
|14||Legal legislation related to AR||Reading lecture notes||Lecture|
|15||State of art of the subject in Turkey and project presentation||Reading lecture notes and prepare of presentation||Lecture|
|16-17||Final exam||Study for exam||Testing|
|Recommended or Required Reading|