|Course Title||Code||Semester||L+P Hour||Credits||ECTS|
|Smal scale fishing methods||SUF 423||7||1||2||3|
|Prerequisites and co-requisites|
|Recommended Optional Programme Components||None|
|Language of Instruction||Turkish|
|Course Level||First Cycle Programmes (Bachelor's Degree)|
|Course Coordinator||Asst.Prof.Dr. Erhan AKAMCA|
This course aims to get knowledge and experiences in order to select an appropriate fishing gears and methods for sustainable fisheries and to introduce of national and international fishing gears, and to make classifications of the gears.
In contents of the lesson below subjects are covered, under the main titles of fishing gears and methods in fishery, fishing lines, gillnets, trammel nets, trawls, purse-seines, beach seines, tuna trap nets, lift nets, traps, fishing tools that using by hands, other accessories; world and Turkish fisheries sectors, classifications of fishing gears, fishing line tools, types of fishing line, long lines, material of nets, types of gillnet, parts of trawl, trawl mechanization, types of trawl, technical characteristics of purse-seine net, purse-seine mechanization, fishing, pots and traps, fyke nets, etc.
|1) Has knowlage abut smal scale fishing.|
|2) Has knowlage about small scale fishing legal regulations.|
|3) Be aware of enviromental protectionduring smal scale fishing.|
|Course's Contribution To Program|
|No||Program Learning Outcomes||Contribution|
Having knowledge on natural and applied sciences and basic engineering; combination of their theoretical and practical knowledge on fisheries engineering applications.
2. Assessment of data scientifically on fisheries engineering, determining and solving the problems
3. Uses theoretical and practical knowledge in the field of fisheries to design; investigates and interprets events and phenomena usig scientific methods and techniques.
4. Collecting data in fisheries science, making the basic experimental studies, evaluating the results, identifying the problems and developing methods of solution
5. Having plan any study related to fisheries science as an individually, managing and consulting.
6.Learning the knowledge by the determining learning needs; developing positive attitude towards lifelong learning
7. Communicating oral and written in expertise field, monitoring the seminars and meeting in expertise field, following the foreign language publication.
8. Improving life-long learning attitude and using the information to the public interest.
9. Creating public awareness about fisheries and having the ability to ensure sustainable use of aquatic resources.
10. Communicating oral and written effectively, participating the seminars and meetings in expertise field, following the foreign language publications.
11. Using the informatics and communicating technology
12. Improves constantly itself , as well as professional development scientific, social, cultural and artistic fields according to his/her interests and abilities identifying needs of learning.
13. Gaining competence to determine the current status of aquatic resources and its sustainable use, water pollution and control, and biotechnology areas.
14. Having ability to promote the study about aquaculture techniques by saving the natural environment, fishery diseases, fishing and processing technology, structure of fishery sector, problems and solution of their expertise field
15. Ability to act in accordance with the regulation, social, scientific, cultural, and ethical values on fisheries field
|1||Introduction||Reading course notes and related informations||Lecture|
|2||Small scale fisheries and factors effecting smal scale fisheries||Reading course notes and related informations||Lecture|
|3||Angling||Reading course notes and related informations||Lecture|
|4||Angling||Reading course notes and related informations||Lecture|
|5||Longlininig||Reading course notes and related informations||Lecture|
|6||Longlininig||Reading course notes and related informations||Lecture|
|7||Traps||Reading course notes and related informations||Lecture|
|8||Mid-Term Exam||Study for mid-term exam||Testing|
|9||Fishing with gillnets||Reading course notes and related informations||Lecture|
|10||Fishing with trammel nets||Reading course notes and related informations||Lecture|
|11||Homework||Research and presentation||Lecture|
|12||Light use in small-scale fishing||Reading course notes and related informations||Lecture|
|13||Sea bream fishing methods in small-scale fishing.||Reading course notes and related informations||Lecture|
|14||White grouper fishing methods in small-scale fishing.||Reading course notes and related informations||Lecture|
|15||Special fishing methods||Reading course notes and related informations||Lecture|
|16-17||Term Exams||Study for term exam||Testing|
|Recommended or Required Reading|