|Course Title||Code||Semester||L+P Hour||Credits||ECTS|
|Fish Nutrition *||SUF 425||7||3||3||5|
|Prerequisites and co-requisites||Yok|
|Recommended Optional Programme Components||None|
|Language of Instruction||Turkish|
|Course Level||First Cycle Programmes (Bachelor's Degree)|
|Course Coordinator||Prof.Dr. Abdurahman POLAT|
Teching on basic principles of fish nutrition, digestion of fish feed and netabolism of nutrients, antinutritional substances and their importance in fish nutrition, protein, amino acid, fat, fatty acid, carbohydrate, vitamin and mineral requirements of fish
The important criterias and principles in fish nutrition, antinutritional substances and their importance in fish nutrition, digestion and metabolism, protein and aminoacid requirements of fish, essential aminoasids, metabolism of aminoacids, bioenergetics of feeds, protein-energy balance in fish nutrition, lipids and fatty acid requirements of fish, essential fatty acids, beta oxidation of fatty acids, carbohydrate digestion and metabolism in fish, the importance and roles of vitamins in metabolism, vitamin requirements, the importance and requirements of minerals in fish nutrition, the deficiency signs of vitamins, aminoacids,fatty acids and mineral in fish.
|Course's Contribution To Program|
|No||Program Learning Outcomes||Contribution|
Having knowledge on natural and applied sciences and basic engineering; combination of their theoretical and practical knowledge on fisheries engineering applications.
2. Assessment of data scientifically on fisheries engineering, determining and solving the problems
3. Uses theoretical and practical knowledge in the field of fisheries to design; investigates and interprets events and phenomena usig scientific methods and techniques.
4. Collecting data in fisheries science, making the basic experimental studies, evaluating the results, identifying the problems and developing methods of solution
5. Having plan any study related to fisheries science as an individually, managing and consulting.
6.Learning the knowledge by the determining learning needs; developing positive attitude towards lifelong learning
7. Communicating oral and written in expertise field, monitoring the seminars and meeting in expertise field, following the foreign language publication.
8. Improving life-long learning attitude and using the information to the public interest.
9. Creating public awareness about fisheries and having the ability to ensure sustainable use of aquatic resources.
10. Communicating oral and written effectively, participating the seminars and meetings in expertise field, following the foreign language publications.
11. Using the informatics and communicating technology
12. Improves constantly itself , as well as professional development scientific, social, cultural and artistic fields according to his/her interests and abilities identifying needs of learning.
13. Gaining competence to determine the current status of aquatic resources and its sustainable use, water pollution and control, and biotechnology areas.
14. Having ability to promote the study about aquaculture techniques by saving the natural environment, fishery diseases, fishing and processing technology, structure of fishery sector, problems and solution of their expertise field
15. Ability to act in accordance with the regulation, social, scientific, cultural, and ethical values on fisheries field
|1||Introduction||Reading the related information on the course subject|
|2||Feed inteke, feeding behaviour in fish, homework||Reading the corse notes and related information|
|3||Feeding ratio, frequency and feeding typs in fish||Reading the corse notes and related information, study for homework|
|4||Digestion of food and metabolism of nutrients, homework||Reading the corse notes and related information, study for homework|
|5||Metabolism, energetics of nutrients||Reading the corse notes and related information, study for homework|
|6||Protein Requirements and essential aminoacids in fish,homework||Reading the corse notes and related information, study for homework|
|7||Deamination of amino acids||Reading the corse notes and related information.|
|8||Midterm exam||Study for midterm exam|
|9||The importance of lipids in fish nutrition, homework||Reading the corse notes and related information, study for homework|
|10||Fats as energy source, essential fatty acids in fish||Reading the corse notes and related information.|
|11||The importance of carbohydrate in fish, glycose metabolism||Reading the corse notes and related information, study for homework|
|12||Use of carbohydrate in fish||Reading the corse notes and related information.|
|13||The importance and requirements of vitaminsin fish, symptoms of lack of vitamin||Reading the corse notes and related information.|
|14||Fat soluble vitamin, water soluble vitamin||Reading the corse notes and related information, study for homework|
|15||Evaluation of homework||Reading the corse notes and related information, study for homework|
|16-17||Final exam||Study for final exam|
|Recommended or Required Reading|