|Course Title||Code||Semester||L+P Hour||Credits||ECTS|
|Resistance *||TMD 114||2||2||2||3|
|Prerequisites and co-requisites||TMD101 Mühendislik Mekaniği|
|Recommended Optional Programme Components||None|
|Language of Instruction||Turkish|
|Course Level||First Cycle Programmes (Bachelor's Degree)|
|Course Coordinator||Asst.Prof.Dr. Özkan GÜĞERÇİN|
Students can be identify problems of own profession and solve the problems.
Basic concepts of strength of materials, tension, compression and shear forces under the influence of shear stresses, Mohrs circle, Relationship between tensile elongation modulus of elasticity, Bars, MNT diagrams, Working pressure elements, Snow load, wind load, water and soil loads
|Course's Contribution To Program|
|No||Program Learning Outcomes||Contribution|
Having knowledge on natural and applied sciences and basic engineering; combination of their theoretical and practical knowledge on fisheries engineering applications.
2. Assessment of data scientifically on fisheries engineering, determining and solving the problems
3. Uses theoretical and practical knowledge in the field of fisheries to design; investigates and interprets events and phenomena usig scientific methods and techniques.
4. Collecting data in fisheries science, making the basic experimental studies, evaluating the results, identifying the problems and developing methods of solution
5. Having plan any study related to fisheries science as an individually, managing and consulting.
6.Learning the knowledge by the determining learning needs; developing positive attitude towards lifelong learning
7. Communicating oral and written in expertise field, monitoring the seminars and meeting in expertise field, following the foreign language publication.
8. Improving life-long learning attitude and using the information to the public interest.
9. Creating public awareness about fisheries and having the ability to ensure sustainable use of aquatic resources.
10. Communicating oral and written effectively, participating the seminars and meetings in expertise field, following the foreign language publications.
11. Using the informatics and communicating technology
12. Improves constantly itself , as well as professional development scientific, social, cultural and artistic fields according to his/her interests and abilities identifying needs of learning.
13. Gaining competence to determine the current status of aquatic resources and its sustainable use, water pollution and control, and biotechnology areas.
14. Having ability to promote the study about aquaculture techniques by saving the natural environment, fishery diseases, fishing and processing technology, structure of fishery sector, problems and solution of their expertise field
15. Ability to act in accordance with the regulation, social, scientific, cultural, and ethical values on fisheries field
|1||Basic concepts of resistance||Reading the lecture notes and related resources|
|2||Tension, compression and shear forces under the influence of shear stresses||Reading the lecture notes and related resources|
|3||Change of stresses with cross section. Mohrs circle||Reading the lecture notes and related resources|
|4||Strain elongation elastic modulus||Reading the lecture notes and related resources|
|5||Bending rods||Reading the lecture notes and related resources|
|6||Shear force and bending moment||Reading the lecture notes and related resources|
|7||Bars MNT diagrams||Reading the lecture notes and related resources|
|8||Mid-Term Exam||Reading the lecture notes and related resources|
|9||Investigation of beams, section and singing||Reading the lecture notes and related resources|
|10||Reading the lecture notes and related resources||Studying the lecture notes and related resources|
|11||Press-operated building elements (wooden metal)||Reading the lecture notes and related resources|
|12||Types of bearings, flange and buckling coefficients, sizing||Reading the lecture notes and related resources|
|13||Loads that affect construction Snow load, wind load||Reading the lecture notes and related resources|
|14||Water and soil loads||Reading the lecture notes and related resources|
|15||Water and soil loads||Reading the lecture notes and related resources|
|16-17||Term Exams||Studying the lecture notes and related resources|
|Recommended or Required Reading|
Topkaya. H,.1973. Güven Kitapevi, Ankara