|Course Title||Code||Semester||L+P Hour||Credits||ECTS|
|Material Science||TMD 118||2||2||2||3|
|Prerequisites and co-requisites|
|Recommended Optional Programme Components||None|
|Language of Instruction||Turkish|
|Course Level||First Cycle Programmes (Bachelor's Degree)|
|Course Coordinator||Prof.Dr. Gökhan GÖKÇE|
To learn and understand the basic concepts and information related materials science for fisheries applications. To translate the knowledge of materials science to fisheries applications. To plan a project, design fishing gears and equipments by using knowledge of materials science. To distinguish of gears made of different kinds of material used for aquaculture and capture.
Introduction to Material Science, Structure of Material, Tests of Materials, Metals, Wooden Materials, Plastics, Fibers, Minerals, Gases, Paints
|1) Student will be able to distinguish and test materials used for fishing sector and applications.|
|2) Student will be able to use and apply knowledge of materials science for technical issues such as establishments and projects carried in the aquatic environment.|
|3) Student will be able to debate with other engineers in different disciplines.|
|4) Student will be able to solve applied problems by using knowledge of materials science.|
|Course's Contribution To Program|
|No||Program Learning Outcomes||Contribution|
Having knowledge on natural and applied sciences and basic engineering; combination of their theoretical and practical knowledge on fisheries engineering applications.
2. Assessment of data scientifically on fisheries engineering, determining and solving the problems
3. Uses theoretical and practical knowledge in the field of fisheries to design; investigates and interprets events and phenomena usig scientific methods and techniques.
4. Collecting data in fisheries science, making the basic experimental studies, evaluating the results, identifying the problems and developing methods of solution
5. Having plan any study related to fisheries science as an individually, managing and consulting.
6.Learning the knowledge by the determining learning needs; developing positive attitude towards lifelong learning
7. Communicating oral and written in expertise field, monitoring the seminars and meeting in expertise field, following the foreign language publication.
8. Improving life-long learning attitude and using the information to the public interest.
9. Creating public awareness about fisheries and having the ability to ensure sustainable use of aquatic resources.
10. Communicating oral and written effectively, participating the seminars and meetings in expertise field, following the foreign language publications.
11. Using the informatics and communicating technology
12. Improves constantly itself , as well as professional development scientific, social, cultural and artistic fields according to his/her interests and abilities identifying needs of learning.
13. Gaining competence to determine the current status of aquatic resources and its sustainable use, water pollution and control, and biotechnology areas.
14. Having ability to promote the study about aquaculture techniques by saving the natural environment, fishery diseases, fishing and processing technology, structure of fishery sector, problems and solution of their expertise field
15. Ability to act in accordance with the regulation, social, scientific, cultural, and ethical values on fisheries field
|1||Introduction to Material Science, Structure of Material||Reading lecture notes||Lecture|
|2||Tests of Materials, Metals||Reading lecture notes||Lecture|
|3||Metals||Reading lecture notes||Lecture|
|4||Metals||Reading lecture notes||Lecture|
|5||Wooden materials||Reading lecture notes||Lecture|
|6||Wooden materials||Reading lecture notes||Lecture|
|7||Plastics||Reading lecture notes||Lecture|
|8||Midterm||Study for exam||Testing|
|9||Plastics||Reading lecture notes||Lecture|
|10||Fibers||Reading lecture notes||Lecture|
|11||Fibers||Reading lecture notes||Lecture|
|12||Minerals||Reading lecture notes||Lecture|
|13||Gases||Reading lecture notes||Lecture|
|14||Paints||Reading lecture notes||Lecture|
|16-17||Final exam||Study for exam||Testing|
|Recommended or Required Reading|