|Course Title||Code||Semester||L+P Hour||Credits||ECTS|
|Fluid Mechanics *||TMD 230||4||2||2||3|
|Prerequisites and co-requisites||FIZ109 Fizik MAT111 Matematik I|
|Recommended Optional Programme Components||None|
|Language of Instruction||Turkish|
|Course Level||First Cycle Programmes (Bachelor's Degree)|
|Course Coordinator||Prof. Dr. Ali BAYAT|
Providing information on fundementals of fluid properties; hydroststatics; hydrodynamics; kinematics; frictioanl flow in pipes and their application in agricultural projects; and Develop the fundamental principles underlying the subject; Demonstrate how these are used for the design of simple hydraulic components.
Fundementals of fluid mechanics; fluid properties; pressure concept and hydrostatic forces on plane surfaces; flow regimes in pipes; continuity equation and energy variation along the flow path; Bernoulli energy equation and head loss calculations; laminar and turbulent flows in pipes; parallel pipes; pipes in series; pipe network; problems in fluid mechanins and solution techniques
|Course's Contribution To Program|
|No||Program Learning Outcomes||Contribution|
Having knowledge on natural and applied sciences and basic engineering; combination of their theoretical and practical knowledge on fisheries engineering applications.
2. Assessment of data scientifically on fisheries engineering, determining and solving the problems
3. Uses theoretical and practical knowledge in the field of fisheries to design; investigates and interprets events and phenomena usig scientific methods and techniques.
4. Collecting data in fisheries science, making the basic experimental studies, evaluating the results, identifying the problems and developing methods of solution
5. Having plan any study related to fisheries science as an individually, managing and consulting.
6.Learning the knowledge by the determining learning needs; developing positive attitude towards lifelong learning
7. Communicating oral and written in expertise field, monitoring the seminars and meeting in expertise field, following the foreign language publication.
8. Improving life-long learning attitude and using the information to the public interest.
9. Creating public awareness about fisheries and having the ability to ensure sustainable use of aquatic resources.
10. Communicating oral and written effectively, participating the seminars and meetings in expertise field, following the foreign language publications.
11. Using the informatics and communicating technology
12. Improves constantly itself , as well as professional development scientific, social, cultural and artistic fields according to his/her interests and abilities identifying needs of learning.
13. Gaining competence to determine the current status of aquatic resources and its sustainable use, water pollution and control, and biotechnology areas.
14. Having ability to promote the study about aquaculture techniques by saving the natural environment, fishery diseases, fishing and processing technology, structure of fishery sector, problems and solution of their expertise field
15. Ability to act in accordance with the regulation, social, scientific, cultural, and ethical values on fisheries field
|1||Definition of fluids; fluid properties, and diiferences from the solids; pressure; vapor pressure, viscosity; surface tension||Related topics in course notes and references|
|2||Hydrostatics; three basic principles of hydrostatics; hydroststic forces on plane surfaces and pressure center||Related topics in course notes and references|
|3||Pressure units; pressure measurement; U-manometers; pressure gauges||Related topics in course notes and references|
|4||Hydrodynamics; energy equation for steady fows; Energy equations for ideal and real fluids; Bernoulli energy equation||Related topics in course notes and references|
|5||Application of Bernoulli energy equations; Ventury meter; siphon tubes||Related topics in course notes and references|
|6||Friction loss in pipes and mean velocity in pipes||Related topics in course notes and references|
|7||Minor head losses; entrance and exit losses; enlargement and convergence losses; friction losses in standard pipes||Related topics in course notes and references|
|8||Mid-Term Exam||Related topics in course notes and references|
|9||Momentum equation||Related topics in course notes and references|
|10||Momentum equation||Related topics in course notes and references|
|11||Application of momemntum and energy equations||Related topics in course notes and references|
|12||Power in fluid flows||Related topics in course notes and references|
|13||Fluid mehanics problems and solution techniques||Related topics in course notes and references|
|14||Parallel pipes||Related topics in course notes and references|
|15||Pipes in series; and pipe networks||Related topics in course notes and references|
|Recommended or Required Reading|
Batchelor, G.K. 1971.Akışkanlar mekaniği Cilt I,II,II ve IV. İstanbul Teknijk Üniv. Kütüphanesi. Sayı:849.İstanbul