|Course Title||Code||Semester||L+P Hour||Credits||ECTS|
|Vocational Practice 1 *||SUF 429||7||1||0||4|
|Prerequisites and co-requisites||Yok|
|Recommended Optional Programme Components||None|
|Language of Instruction||Turkish|
|Course Level||First Cycle Programmes (Bachelor's Degree)|
|Course Coordinator||Prof.Dr. Gülsün ÖZYURT|
Provide the ability to transfer theoretical knowledge of students and provide the opportunity to test their interest in the scope of the student's career.
Comprise the application of the theoretical knowledge obtained during bachelor programme about basic science, fisheries aquaculture, diseases, fishing and fish processing
|Course's Contribution To Program|
|No||Program Learning Outcomes||Contribution|
Having knowledge on natural and applied sciences and basic engineering; combination of their theoretical and practical knowledge on fisheries engineering applications.
2. Assessment of data scientifically on fisheries engineering, determining and solving the problems
3. Uses theoretical and practical knowledge in the field of fisheries to design; investigates and interprets events and phenomena usig scientific methods and techniques.
4. Collecting data in fisheries science, making the basic experimental studies, evaluating the results, identifying the problems and developing methods of solution
5. Having plan any study related to fisheries science as an individually, managing and consulting.
6.Learning the knowledge by the determining learning needs; developing positive attitude towards lifelong learning
7. Communicating oral and written in expertise field, monitoring the seminars and meeting in expertise field, following the foreign language publication.
8. Improving life-long learning attitude and using the information to the public interest.
9. Creating public awareness about fisheries and having the ability to ensure sustainable use of aquatic resources.
10. Communicating oral and written effectively, participating the seminars and meetings in expertise field, following the foreign language publications.
11. Using the informatics and communicating technology
12. Improves constantly itself , as well as professional development scientific, social, cultural and artistic fields according to his/her interests and abilities identifying needs of learning.
13. Gaining competence to determine the current status of aquatic resources and its sustainable use, water pollution and control, and biotechnology areas.
14. Having ability to promote the study about aquaculture techniques by saving the natural environment, fishery diseases, fishing and processing technology, structure of fishery sector, problems and solution of their expertise field
15. Ability to act in accordance with the regulation, social, scientific, cultural, and ethical values on fisheries field
|1||Fisheries Practice 1 (Deep trawl)||Review of programme|
|2||Fisheries Practice 2 (Shrimp trammel net)||Review of programme|
|3||Fisheries Practice 3 (Longline)||Review of programme|
|4||Fisheries Practice 4 (Beach seine and cast net)||Review of programme|
|5||Fisheries practices 5 (Age determination and some morphometric characters on fish)||Review of programme|
|6||Seafood technology practices 1 (Cleaning and filleting fish)||Review of programme|
|7||Seafood technology practices 2 (Homework -Making silage from discard||Review of programme|
|8||Basic science practices 1 (Sampling and evaluation of ichthyoplancton)||Review of programme|
|9||Basic science practices 2 (Coastline profile)||Review of programme|
|10||Basic science practices 3 (Some bivalves and gastropods species our religion)||Review of programme|
|11||Fish diseases practices 1 (Fish Vaccination and drug administration methods)||Review of programme|
|12||Fish diseases practise 2 (Diagnosis of parasitic fish diseases and blood sampling techniques)||Review of programme|
|13||Fish diseases practices 3 (Diagnosis of bacterial fish diseases and application of antibiogram test)||Review of programme|
|14||Aquaculture practice (Decapsulation of artemia cysts and countin)||Review of programme|
|15||Technical trip (Yumurtalik lagoons)||Review of programme|
|16-17||Final exam||Reading the lecture notes and related resources|
|Recommended or Required Reading|