|Course Title||Code||Semester||L+P Hour||Credits||ECTS|
|Occupational Health and Safety 1||SUF 431||7||2||2||3|
|Prerequisites and co-requisites|
|Recommended Optional Programme Components||None|
|Language of Instruction||Turkish|
|Course Level||First Cycle Programmes (Bachelor's Degree)|
|Course Coordinator||Prof.Dr. Okan ÖZKAYA|
To give information about the Law No. 6331 on Occupational Health and Safety. To teach the duties, powers and responsibilities within the scope of this law and to present the risks present at the work places. To enable students to acquire knowledge about current legislation on Occupational Health and Safety.
Basic Principles of Occupational Health and Safety / Occupational Health and Safety from Legal Perspective / Definition and Evaluation of Risk / Risk Management and Evaluation / Noise / Vibration / Ergonomics / Occupational Accidents and Protection / Work Hygiene / Fire Protection / Personal Protective Materials.
|1) Gain the importance of business safety.|
|2) Have knowledge about methods of protection from occupational accidents.|
|3) Learn about occupational diseases.|
|4) Know the importance of using personal protective equipment|
|5) Share information about occupational health and safety with others.|
|6) Follows changes in laws and regulations.|
|7) Know the importance of ergonomics in the workplace in detail.|
|Course's Contribution To Program|
|No||Program Learning Outcomes||Contribution|
Having knowledge on natural and applied sciences and basic engineering; combination of their theoretical and practical knowledge on fisheries engineering applications.
2. Assessment of data scientifically on fisheries engineering, determining and solving the problems
3. Uses theoretical and practical knowledge in the field of fisheries to design; investigates and interprets events and phenomena usig scientific methods and techniques.
4. Collecting data in fisheries science, making the basic experimental studies, evaluating the results, identifying the problems and developing methods of solution
5. Having plan any study related to fisheries science as an individually, managing and consulting.
6.Learning the knowledge by the determining learning needs; developing positive attitude towards lifelong learning
7. Communicating oral and written in expertise field, monitoring the seminars and meeting in expertise field, following the foreign language publication.
8. Improving life-long learning attitude and using the information to the public interest.
9. Creating public awareness about fisheries and having the ability to ensure sustainable use of aquatic resources.
10. Communicating oral and written effectively, participating the seminars and meetings in expertise field, following the foreign language publications.
11. Using the informatics and communicating technology
12. Improves constantly itself , as well as professional development scientific, social, cultural and artistic fields according to his/her interests and abilities identifying needs of learning.
13. Gaining competence to determine the current status of aquatic resources and its sustainable use, water pollution and control, and biotechnology areas.
14. Having ability to promote the study about aquaculture techniques by saving the natural environment, fishery diseases, fishing and processing technology, structure of fishery sector, problems and solution of their expertise field
15. Ability to act in accordance with the regulation, social, scientific, cultural, and ethical values on fisheries field
|1||Basic Definitions||Lecture notes||Lecture|
|2||Legal Rights and Responsibilities||Lecture notes||Lecture|
|3||Basic Concepts of Occupational Health and Safety||Lecture notes||Lecture|
|4||Risk Concept||Lecture notes||Lecture|
|5||Risk Factors||Lecture notes||Lecture|
|6||Occupational Diseases||Lecture notes||Lecture|
|9||Working at Heights||Lecture notes||Lecture|
|10||Fire and Fire Protection||Lecture notes||Lecture|
|11||Personal Protective Equipments||Lecture notes||Lecture|
|12||Noise and Vibration||Lecture notes||Lecture|
|13||Dust protection||Lecture notes||Lecture|
|14||First Aid and Emergency||Lecture notes||Lecture|
|15||First Aid and Emergency||Lecture notes||Lecture|
|Recommended or Required Reading|