|Course Title||Code||Semester||L+P Hour||Credits||ECTS|
|Occupational Health and Safety 2||SUF 432||8||2||2||3|
|Prerequisites and co-requisites|
|Recommended Optional Programme Components||None|
|Language of Instruction||Turkish|
|Course Level||First Cycle Programmes (Bachelor's Degree)|
|Course Coordinator||Prof.Dr. Okan ÖZKAYA|
To assist in the training of individuals with sufficient knowledge and skill to remove the risks and hazards of work environments in terms of occupational health and safety that are required by the institutions and organizations in our country.
Laws and regulations concerning occupational health and safety / Occupational health and safety organization / Physical and chemical risk factors / Risk analysis and hazard assessment techniques / Material data sheets / Documentation
|1) Manage Occupational Health and Safety works as required.|
|2) Follow Occupational Health and Safety legislation with up to date information.|
|3) Obtain information about Occupational and Occupational Diseases in Occupational Health and Safety.|
|4) Develop the understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.|
|5) Know the authority and responsibilities of the workers and other employees as well as the employer.|
|6) Have the knowledge on how to prepare and use Safety Data Sheets (SDS).|
|7) Have knowledge about risk analysis techniques.|
|Course's Contribution To Program|
|No||Program Learning Outcomes||Contribution|
Having knowledge on natural and applied sciences and basic engineering; combination of their theoretical and practical knowledge on fisheries engineering applications.
2. Assessment of data scientifically on fisheries engineering, determining and solving the problems
3. Uses theoretical and practical knowledge in the field of fisheries to design; investigates and interprets events and phenomena usig scientific methods and techniques.
4. Collecting data in fisheries science, making the basic experimental studies, evaluating the results, identifying the problems and developing methods of solution
5. Having plan any study related to fisheries science as an individually, managing and consulting.
6.Learning the knowledge by the determining learning needs; developing positive attitude towards lifelong learning
7. Communicating oral and written in expertise field, monitoring the seminars and meeting in expertise field, following the foreign language publication.
8. Improving life-long learning attitude and using the information to the public interest.
9. Creating public awareness about fisheries and having the ability to ensure sustainable use of aquatic resources.
10. Communicating oral and written effectively, participating the seminars and meetings in expertise field, following the foreign language publications.
11. Using the informatics and communicating technology
12. Improves constantly itself , as well as professional development scientific, social, cultural and artistic fields according to his/her interests and abilities identifying needs of learning.
13. Gaining competence to determine the current status of aquatic resources and its sustainable use, water pollution and control, and biotechnology areas.
14. Having ability to promote the study about aquaculture techniques by saving the natural environment, fishery diseases, fishing and processing technology, structure of fishery sector, problems and solution of their expertise field
15. Ability to act in accordance with the regulation, social, scientific, cultural, and ethical values on fisheries field
|1||National Legislation and Standards in Occupational Health and Safety Issues||Lecture notes|
|2||National Legislation and Standards in Occupational Health and Safety Issues||Lecture notes|
|3||Safety Culture||Lecture notes|
|4||Working with Screened Tools for Occupational Health and Safety||Lecture notes|
|5||New Approaches to Occupational Health and Safety||Lecture notes|
|6||Risk Analysis Techniques||Lecture notes|
|7||Risk Analysis Techniques||Lecture notes|
|9||Legal Results of Occupational Accidents||Lecture notes|
|10||Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS)||Lecture notes|
|11||Occupational Hygiene||Lecture notes|
|12||Occupational Safety in Electrical Work||Lecture notes|
|13||Personal Protective Equipment Regulation||Lecture notes|
|14||Regulation of the Emergencies in Workplaces||Lecture notes|
|15||Regulation of the Emergencies in Workplaces||Lecture notes|
|Recommended or Required Reading|