|Course Title||Code||Semester||L+P Hour||Credits||ECTS|
|Principles of Atatürk and History of Turkish Revolution I *||UAI 101||1||2||2||2|
|Prerequisites and co-requisites||Yok|
|Recommended Optional Programme Components||None|
|Language of Instruction||Turkish|
|Course Level||First Cycle Programmes (Bachelor's Degree)|
|Course Coordinator||Assoc.Prof.Dr. Erdem ÇANAK|
To teach the foundation and development of Modern Turkey. To give the right information about Ataturk's way of thinking, the history of the Turkish Republic, Turkey and some factors threatening the applications of Ataturk's way of thinking. Educate Turkish youth as regards to Ataturk's way of thinking which offers an absolute unity at home as a system including all cultural components of Turkey as a country. To raise rationalist, contemporary, humanist, hardworking and honourable youngsters.
A definition of Revolution. The aim and the importance of the Turkish history of revolution General state of the Ottoman Empire the reasons for the decline Efforts to save the Ottoman Empire Phylosphy movements The First World War Mustafa Kemal in Anatolia and the Congresses The opening of the Great Turkish National Assembly National and International policy The Mudanya Treaty Lousanne Conference
|Course's Contribution To Program|
|No||Program Learning Outcomes||Contribution|
Having knowledge on natural and applied sciences and basic engineering; combination of their theoretical and practical knowledge on fisheries engineering applications.
2. Assessment of data scientifically on fisheries engineering, determining and solving the problems
3. Uses theoretical and practical knowledge in the field of fisheries to design; investigates and interprets events and phenomena usig scientific methods and techniques.
4. Collecting data in fisheries science, making the basic experimental studies, evaluating the results, identifying the problems and developing methods of solution
5. Having plan any study related to fisheries science as an individually, managing and consulting.
6.Learning the knowledge by the determining learning needs; developing positive attitude towards lifelong learning
7. Communicating oral and written in expertise field, monitoring the seminars and meeting in expertise field, following the foreign language publication.
8. Improving life-long learning attitude and using the information to the public interest.
9. Creating public awareness about fisheries and having the ability to ensure sustainable use of aquatic resources.
10. Communicating oral and written effectively, participating the seminars and meetings in expertise field, following the foreign language publications.
11. Using the informatics and communicating technology
12. Improves constantly itself , as well as professional development scientific, social, cultural and artistic fields according to his/her interests and abilities identifying needs of learning.
13. Gaining competence to determine the current status of aquatic resources and its sustainable use, water pollution and control, and biotechnology areas.
14. Having ability to promote the study about aquaculture techniques by saving the natural environment, fishery diseases, fishing and processing technology, structure of fishery sector, problems and solution of their expertise field
15. Ability to act in accordance with the regulation, social, scientific, cultural, and ethical values on fisheries field
|1||The characteristics of Turkish Revolution and its Importance||The textbook and the relevant topics in suggested sources|
|2||A general view to the reasons leading to Turkish Revolution||The textbook and the relevant topics in suggested sources|
|3||Important Political and Military Developments leading to the collapse of the Ottoman Empire||The textbook and the relevant topics in suggested sources|
|4||The collapse of the Ottoman Empire||The textbook and the relevant topics in suggested sources|
|5||The status of the country towards occupation and the attitude of Mustafa Kemal||The textbook and the relevant topics in suggested sources|
|6||Mustafa Kemal and Being the leader of National Battle||The textbook and the relevant topics in suggested sources|
|7||The route to the Congresses and National Organization||The textbook and the relevant topics in suggested sources|
|9||Decisions of Kuvay-ı Milliye (National Forces) and Misak-ı Milli (National Pact)||The textbook and the relevant topics in suggested sources|
|10||Assembly (TBMM) and establishment of the New Turkish State||The textbook and the relevant topics in suggested sources|
|11||National Struggle Fronts (south and southeast) - National Struggle Fronts (east) and the Armenian Question||The textbook and the relevant topics in suggested sources|
|12||Fronts of the Turkish War of Independence, Western front, first occupations and national army - Establishment of regular army and financial sources of the War of Independence||The textbook and the relevant topics in suggested sources|
|13||Treaty of Sevres and its impact on Turkish Nation - Fronts of the Turkish War of Independence, Inonu I-II, Sakarya and Great Attack||The textbook and the relevant topics in suggested sources|
|14||Political aspect of National Struggle, Mudanya Armistice, Lozan Peace Conference||The textbook and the relevant topics in suggested sources|
|15||Mudanya Armistice, Lozan Peace Conference||The textbook and the relevant topics in suggested sources|
|Recommended or Required Reading|