|Program Learning Outcomes|
- 1. Explains basic principles and concepts with elderly care.
- 2. States aging, aging process and changes in the aging process.
- 3.Explains personal , social, cultural differences of elderly individuals, and the basic information for improving the quality of life .
- 4.Distinguishes social , professional , ethical principles and laws in elderly care.
- 5. Describes interventions in elderly care.
- 6.Describes interventions personal , social, cultural differences of elderly individuals regarding enviromental regulations in home aged care.
- 8. Lists health and occupational safety practices in working environment.
- 7.Describes physiological changes in old age and the principles of specific nutrition to common diseases.
- 9. Distinguishes social rehabilitation needs in elderly and performs them.
- 10. Uses critical thinking , creative thinking and appropriate methods and techniques for the development of problem solving skills .
- 11. Uses effectively first aid techniques in case of emergency in the elderly.
- 12.Uses effectively interventions in holistic elderly care.
- 13.Uses planned basic techniques of physical rehabilitation in the elderly .
Ability to work independently and take responsibility
- 14. Takes responsibility for solving old problems in society as individuals and groups.
- 15.Analyzes information with a critical approach by themselves .
Communication and Social Competence
- 16. Uses the skills to communicate effectively with elderly persons and others.
- 17.Uses tools , information and communication technologies in working envoriment.
- 18.Monitors information in the field using at least one foreign language and comminicates with colleagues.
- 19. İnitiatives for the thinking and development of their performance .
- 20.Monitors artistic, scientific events and current events in community and in the world.